Chapter 12

"Come on Alex, you can't be miserable forever" Molly spoke as we drove back down to London. She bombed down the motorway, I rested my heavy head against the vehicle window, body curled up in the comfortable chair, watching the rain pour down. Something about listening to the rain was strangely calming.

I didn't even bother to reply to Molly, I just wanted to be with Adam. Don't get me wrong, the festival has been super amazing; I met some of my favourite bands, seen them perform, got so many awesome shots - if I do say so myself - as well as meeting Adam. I never thought in a million years that I would ever meet someone like that and they would improve my life so much in a tiny amount of time. It is quite amazing actually.

We have only been apart for a little over a day, yet I miss him like crazy. I have never felt like this about anyone before. Well, apart from my beloved grandma, but that is different. Honestly, I am pretty sure I have feelings for this guy. I mean, I have never had a boyfriend before but I'm rather certain I do.

"Molly, how do you know if you are in love or not?" I asked, knowing she has been in many relationships with both men and women, some serious.

"I dunno really. Can't really explain it. You just sorta know". Wow. Helpful.

Sighing, I let my heavy eyelids shut as I fell straight into dreamworld...

**********************************
Wandering into the lounge of Molly's flat several days later, she called me over to the couch where she was sprawled out ill.

"Could you do me a favour?" She sniffled, picking up another tissue.

"Sure"

"Could you nip to Costa and get us some coffees?"

"Will do, I'll just grab my coat".

After sliding my leather jacket on - leaving it open exposing my Taking Back Sunday vest top - I left the apartment block and headed for the coffee shop that was around the block.

Although it was exceptionally warm for London, I thought it was a bit chilly because I was still used to the blistering Californian sun.

Ding.

The bell above the door rang as I stepped into Costa and the smell of sweet coffee hugged my nose.

Joining the back of the queue, I felt someone walk up behind me. They were getting close. Very close. I could almost feel their breathing on the back of my sensitive neck.

Turning around swiftly on my heels, I understood why they were so close.

The person behind me was Adam.

"Boo!" He chuckled.