"This isn't going anywhere.Can we go home now? Please?" Amadeus said as he boredly sorted out brooches and hair barrettes. Avarys sat on a fluffy stool, running a hand through his pale blonde locks.

"I haven't found a gift yet."

"What do you want to give her then?"

"Something she doesn't own."

"Tough luck brother, she basically owns like everything this store has."

"Then something that reminds her of me." It came out fluidly and Amadeus gave him a weird look.

"Then buy the most expensive thing." Amadeus advised sagely.

He doesn't know if Amadeus basically implied that he was expensive.

When Avarys was about to glare at his bored twin, his eyes caught a display of ribbons. It was that Eureka moment when Inspiration hits and he bolted down the other isle to where the ribbons are.It's probably made of silk and has some sort of wire inside to keep its form. The ribbons come in colors of the rainbow.

He was thinking of giving her either white or violet, but thought against the latter. He almost never sees Clara wear violet as it would probably clash with her blue color scheme. Now he doesn't know much about colors. Avarys thought of white as the safe choice, as she could easily pair it of with anything.

He took off one of the ribbons and held it in his hands, mentally thinking of how adorable it would look on Clara.

"Finally! If I knew you were going to give her ribbons then I would've taken you here five stores ago." Amadeus said in exasperation.

"I'm sure it would look good on her," Avarys smiled lightly, but then it transformed to horror when he looked at his brother. "But what if she owns this already?"

"Your Majesty, are you looking for something in particular?" A kind lady asked with a pleasant smile. She suddenly appeared out of nowhere, probably a saleslady who helps troubled customers like him.

"Does Clara own this already?" He knows that Clara is rather well known in the shopping district. Although she no longer goes into ballistic shopping sprees, she likes to keep up with trends and fashion.

"Oh Miss Skotadi? She hasn't visited for a bit. Not to worry Your Majesty, she doesn't own these ribbons yet. It's a new product." She smiled, like an advertisement.

"Alright, I'd buy this."

"Praise the Lord." Amadeus muttered, having been drained physically and mentally.

"And I'd like to have the other fifty boxes of white ribbons delivered to the castle immediately."

Amadeus facepalmed. "You have no sense of money Avarys."

Avarys looked at him as if he were a fool. "What? It's nice to have extras."

💜💜💜

"Avarys, you aren't supposed to be here," Clara says in a soft voice, dragging him out of the festivities and into a nearby balcony. "Aren't you supposed to be at the military inspection or something like that?" She asked, lips pursed and blue eyes swimming with curiosity.

The balcony air wafted over to them, and her white dress fluttered with the wind. Clara pulled medium length hair back, still frowning at him. "Well, what's your excuse this time Mr. Diatiro?"

Avarys coughed, noticing he was staring for a long time now. "I would not miss my fiancee's birthday for the world now, would I?" He gave a sly grin when he noticed red dust through her cheeks.