Chapter 9: The Truth Comes Out... Part 1

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I woke up to feeling Derek’s finger tips trailing down my bare back I opened my eyes and gazed up at him; I looked into his olive-green eyes and sighed contently. I had fallen asleep after our lovemaking which you could say left me exhausted. It was still daylight outside so my guess was that it’s probably around 5.00 pm. He was lying on his side while I was on my front, hugging a pillow. I smiled and closed my eyes momentarily, enjoying his soft, loving touches.

It was precisely at that moment that I realized how much he meant to me. He’s not just some guys, no, he’s my life. He’s my one and only. He’s my love. He’s the reason I wake up every morning. He’s the reason I can’t sleep at night because he’s always on my mind. He’s where my thoughts go during class. He’s the reason I can’t concentrate. He’s the one that I love to text. He’s the guy who makes me happy. He’s my boyfriend and I love him. He’s the only person I ever want to be with. He’s my forever, and I can’t help but falling in love with him, everyday a little bit more than the day before. As stupid as that may sound, it was true. I am completely and utterly in love with Derek Hale and there’s nothing anyone can do to change that. I’m his completely, body, mind, and soul.

“How did you sleep?” He questioned.

“Pretty good,” I smiled happier than I ever have in my life.

“Hmm, good. Your phone has been ringing none stop,” he said as he kissed my shoulder blades.

“It’s probably Stiles, wondering where I am,” I told him and he made a weird sound when I mentioned Stiles. He shrugged it off and continued to kiss his way down my bare back, but stopped abruptly and sat up in a blink of an eye.

“Derek what is it?”

“People are coming,” he said while he got up from the bed, with a worried expression. “Get dressed and hide. Don’t come out till I tell you so, okay?” He said while he pulled his pants on and left the room when I shook my head, yes.

I turned over and sat up, but whimpered as I flung my legs over the edge to get up from the bed. Jeez, is this how you feel after sex? I’m so sore. Probably not going to do that again for a while….

I shook my head and looked around the room for my clothes. I grabbed them off the wooden floor and got dressed as fast as I could, which was slower than usual since I was pretty sore.

Kate Argent’s POV:
 With all the killings happening in Beacon Hills and some personal, unfinished business I had to handle anyways, I decided to return to my old home. It was just as I remembered it; nothing had changed… well, not drastically.

I walked through the woods followed by two other hunters I chose to bring with me to this small mission. All three of us were fully armed and ready to fight… if it got down to it. And knowing me, it was going to get a hell hot in there.

“He wants us to wait,” the hunter at my left side as he loaded his gun.

“So I have been reminded…” I said, sending him a ‘don’t you dare back out’ look. “…to death.”

“And that means we are not allowed to kill him,” said the other hunter, the one at my right.

I smirked evilly as I said, “But that doesn’t mean we can’t say hello.”

With that said we marched to the old burned down Hale house, with our weapons in hand, ready to strike if needed to. The hunter on my left kicked the front door open and walked into the house followed the other guy and then me.

“No one home?” the hunter who kicked the door asked.

“Oh, he’s here. He’s just not feeling particularly hospitable,” I said, glancing around the place.

“Maybe he’s out, burying a bone in the backyard,” the other hunter said, which caused me to roll my eyes. Really! That’s the best he could think off? I’m working with a set of idiots.

“Really! A dag joke? We’re going there and that’s the best you could think of?” I asked him as I walked around. “If you wanna provoke him, say something like… Too bad your sister bid it before she had her first liver.” I smirked and walked into the living room, “Too bad she howled like a bitch when we cut her in HALF!” I yelled, and that’s when Derek growled loudly, causing the house to shake. A devilish smile crept onto my lips, as he came into view, after he knocked the first hunter out. It seemed like he was surprised to see me, or so I thought. The other hunter launched at him but Derek kicked him right in the stomach, which made the guy fly back and fall on his back, knocked out as well. I smirked and took out my electric-thingy.

Kim’s POV:
After I was fully dressed I sneaked my way to the door, managing not to make a sound. I murmured a spell which allowed me to listen in on everything that was happening downstairs. My hearing increased a dozen times, it was like I was standing right in the room with them. I know it’s not polite to eavesdrop but right now, I was really curious. What can I say; my curiosity got the best of me.

As I listened to the woman speak I knew right away that she was the one that shot Derek the other night. The last thing I heard before I felt the house shake was, “Too bad she howled like a bitch when we cut her in HALF!” Wow, she’s a psycho bitch.

The next thing I heard was a male screaming before something or someone hit the wall. I sighed softly and slid down the wall and hugged my knees close as I leaned my head against the wall while I listened to what was going on down there. My eyes widened as I heard something being electrocuted followed by the sound low groaning. I bit my lip and gripped my knees closer to me once I realized it was coming from Derek.

“Wow… This one grew up in all the right places,” the women said which caused me to narrow my eyes. “I don’t know whether to kill it or lick it.”

“If you know what’s good for you, you won’t do either,” I mumbled to myself.

It was silent for a while before the air got filled with the sound of someone being electrocuted and laughter. It took everything I had not to go storming down there. But I soon realized that if I was there Derek would have more things to worry about. He wouldn’t only have to worry about himself getting away from her alive but also me. I pretty much zoned out once the women started talking mainly because I had no idea what she was talking about, though it seemed like they knew each other from before maybe?

I got pulled out of my thoughts and back to reality when I heard footsteps, like someone was running before I heard gunshots. I gasped but listened close to see if she shot Derek or not. When I didn’t hear anything; no groans, screams or anything in comparison I sighed in relieve. He managed to get out; he managed to escape that crazy women.

I was still leaned against the wall, with my arms wrapped around my legs, I let go once I realized I was and slowly got up.

*Dirty dancing in the moonlight Take me down like a Domino…*

My eyes widened as I heard Jessie J starting to sing, indicating that I had an incoming phone call. I ran over to the bed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand before I declined the call, which happened to be from Stiles. Really! Dude you choose the worst moment to call people!

I looked around the room for somewhere to hide just when I heard the steps of the stairs cracking, indicating that someone was coming upstairs, just like I predicted it. I panicked and started to pace back and forth until I marched over to the open window. I threw one leg over the edge and was about to do the same with my other leg, but was stopped by, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” the women spoke. My back was facing her so I was still debating my chances of maybe jumping. At first I was aiming on going on the roof but since she caught me in the act, jumping doesn't seem bad, compared to being tortured by her. If I jump... I could survive, right? It would be painful but not deadly, right?

“You would barely make it out alive…” she said as if she could read my mind and took a few step forward, I didn’t see her but I could hear her heels. “I’m guessing your human, since a werewolf would have jumped the second I stepped into this room.”

I sighed and turned around to face the women, whose name I didn’t know. She stood a couple of feet away from me with a gun pointed at me. I found myself looking in light brown eyes; they were so familiar… it took me a moment to realize that I've indeed seen them before, but only on myself. It was like looking in a mirror. She had golden brown hair, exactly as my own. This isn’t weird at all, note the sarcasm. It seemed like it was minutes but in reality it was just a couple of second, not more than 5.

“You?” she questioned with an ‘I know-who-you are’ expression.

To be continued…