Chapter 4: Impossible

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 4: Impossible. 

The next morning, I scrubbed my face with some pink grapefruit face wash and moisturized my tan skin. After closely inspecting my face, I walked back into my room and changed my clothes.

I looked myself over in the mirror as I pulled my golden brown hair up into a messy bun before leaving the room.

I made my way down the stairs and wrote a note for Angela and my dad that said, "Out for a walk. – Kim."

I glanced over my shoulder as I headed out the door, closing it quietly behind me. 

As I walked down the driveway, I noticed that it rained last night. "Weird..."

I must have slept really deep for me not to have heard it rain.

Deciding that this would be a good time to practice, I crossed the road and immediately made my way into the woods. I smiled as I heard the birds chirping and took in the sound as I walked.

I walked for another couple of minutes before finding a good spot to practice.

Deciding to start with something simple, I picked up a leaf that had raindrops on it and looked around before closing my eyes. I took a deep breath and cleared my mind of all things, only concentrating on how my hand was connecting with the leaf and then how the leaf was connecting with the water.

"A drop of water as light as air," I said, repeating this several times in hope to make the raindrops magically levitate from the leaf in my hand.

"A drop of water as light as air," I repeated one more time.

I exhaled and opened my eyes moments later to see that it had indeed worked, not only the one in my hand but also all the bushes and plants around me.  I grinned happily and tried not to lose my focus as I looked around me in amazement at all the raindrops just hanging there in mid air, glistening in the morning light.

That was when I heard a twig snap from behind me and all the raindrops just fell back down as I lost my focus.

Peter's POV:
I had been following her since the day she moved into town, and yes I know how creepy that sounds.  You got to do what you got to do. The first time I saw her I had no idea who she was or what brought me to her, it was this weird pull as if she was a magnet to supernatural creatures. Anyway there I was, looking at her from behind a tree as she leaned against the car; she was gazing up at the house as I stared at her. I knew right there that she wasn't normal, she had something special, and I needed to know what it was before giving her the bite. An alpha can tell by the way a person is if they are strong enough for the bite or that they will even be a good werewolf.

I followed her like any other day, though I was starting to think that she didn't have anything special at all since I have been following her around town for the past two weeks and nothing special happened. Sighing softly I stopped just a couple of feet away from her and watched what she was doing.

 "Is she crazy or what?" I muttered in my usual sarcastic tone and cocked up a brow, my eyes widening as I saw the raindrops levitate like a piece of paper; like a feather in the wind. "Impossible," I said, taking a step back and stepping on a twig. "Shit."

I was right, she is special; A witch, who would have thought?  I had guessed some things that she could be, be never did I ever think that she could be a witch.