Chapter 5: Mystery Man

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 5: Mystery Man

“Miss Sanders,” The teacher called out.

I swallowed nervously as I grabbed my notebook and walked up to the front of the class. I took a deep breath before I turned to face everyone. I never liked standing in front of a classroom, and I doubt that I ever will. But even if I didn’t like it, I had to do.

I cleared my throat before I gazed down at my notebook, “The title is ‘Mystery Man’” I began before I read my poem.

I wonder what it is hidden behind your eyes.
I wonder if it’s truth or if it’s lies. 
I want to know about you, mystery man, 
I want to know what makes you smile and laugh. 
I want to know what makes you passionate and what makes you mad. 
I want to know the knowledge and wisdom that lurks behind your wild actions, 
I want to know your secrets that hide deep inside of you hidden from the world.
And in return I would tell you mine,
I want to know what drives you,
I want to know your heartaches along with your triumphs. 
I want to know the passions of your heart. 
I want to know your dreams, 
Your desires. 
I want to know if you have ever loved. 
Have you ever felt true love or have you been hiding from it all along. 
There are many questions lurking inside of me. 
Why I want to know?
I have no clue. 
All I know is there’s a part of me that won’t stop until I solve the mystery that is you. 

I looked up to see everyone staring at me and quickly made my way back to my seat. They clapped and cheered along, Stiles and Scott just seemed confused but they clapped too-- Ha, only if they knew who it was about. They would flip!

 I guess they liked it… which I’m glad they did. I don’t know what I would have done if everyone started laughing instead. Probably die in place or run out like a scared little kid.

Allison grinned from ear to ear and got up as they teacher called her name.
I felt my phone vibrate and took out my Samsung Galaxy S4, sliding my finger on the screen to unlock it.

I immediately tapped on the message app to check my new message, and that was when I tuned out.

There it was.

From Derek! ;)
Nice Poem. I bet it was about me. Wasn’t it? ;)

I grimace in wry amusement and blush at the same time before texting him back.

From Kimmy! <3 
To Derek! ;)
Thanks. Nooooo 
Stalking much?
PS,how did you get my number?

I smirked at my respond and pressed send before putting my phone away, just in time to clap proudly for Allison. The bell rang, indicating that the class was over. I gathered my stuff and placed them in my shoulder bag.

I felt my phone vibrate again and I took it out to check what the message said,

From Derek ;) 
It’s not stalking if the person likes being “stalked”
And I have my ways ;)

I laughed as I walked out of the classroom with a huge smile on my face.

                                        ***

Later that day,
I was on my bed, lying on my stomach in only a grey shirt and a pair of underwear with my laptop in front of me.

I let out an annoyed groan when I lost the game I had been playing.

Just between you and me, I’m completely obsessed with Candy Crush. Once I start playing it, there’s nothing that can stop me. I can play it for hours long without getting tired; I only get annoyed when I loose.

A lot has happened since the last time I talked to Stiles and Scott, which was Friday—4 days ago. For starters I heard that Scott made first line, and that everyone is expecting him to do great in the game on Saturday. I wonder how he’s going to pull that off without exposing himself to everyone else. Allison also told me that she forgave him for ditching her at the party and gave him another chance. And apparently one of the hunters who tried to kill Scott and Derek the other night was no one other than Allison’s father, shocker. I know it’s best for Allison and I not to be friends, but I can’t afford to lose her right now, since she’s one of the few girl friends I have here, and by far the closest. I would have to watch what I say when I’m around her. 

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard my Skype go off, indicating that someone was calling me. I glanced over at the screen again and answered it right away with a loud squeal of excitement.

It’s my best friend since forever, Skylar. I haven’t talked to her in like a week and that’s a long time for us.

I giggled as she squealed back with me.

“Hey girl! Long time no talk."

“Sky! It’s been way too long,” I said with a pout. “I miss you,’

“I miss you too, boo. But don’t worry; we will see each other soon.”  She said mimicking my pout.

"How have been?"I asked giving her a small smile. 

"Good, how about you?" she asked. 

"Good, but I have been better," I told her. 

“Hmm, tell me about your school,” She said, “What are the kids like? Are there any cute guys? Are they being nice to you?” She asked.

“OMG! You sound like a mother… “ I chuckled,  “And they are okay. Most of them are cute, but I have only gotten my eyes on one,” I winked.

“Ooooohhh! Spill! I want details,”

“There’s not much to say…” I started, before getting this weird vibe that made me look behind me. And there he was, Derek Hale, standing in my room and I gasped.

“What does he look like?” Sky asked, and turned back to her.

“Sky, I got to go! I’ll call you later!” I said quickly.

“What?! But we’re talking boys! Are you being safe?!” She whined just when I ended the video call.

I closed my laptop and sat up, covering myself from the waist down, since I was only in my underwear. Derek was now seated on my bed, so my guess is he pretty much saw and heard everything.

“How did you get in here?” I asked, looking at him.

“The window,” He stated simply with a small smirk.

“Do you do that a lot?”

“Only when they are open,” He answered, leaning back against my pillows, “Nice room, by the way,”

“Uh, thanks,” I said with a small smile.

He nodded his head and glanced around my room, but with a queen size bed. 

“So what brings you here?” I asked after a while of silence.

“I was wondering if you would want to go to dinner with me tomorrow, and maybe go watch a movie afterwards.” He asked, and I smiled. Well finally.

“I would love to,”

“Great, I’ll pick you up at 7,” he said and sat up.

“Leaving already?”

“No, I still have one more thing to do,” he said, leaning in towards me with a smirk spread on his lips.

I smiled and felt my heart skip a beat as our lips met. It was just as passionate as our last one, maybe even better than the one before. Without realizing it I wrapped my arms around his neck and launched forward, almost straddling him as I deepened the kiss even more. Our lips molded together as he kissed back just as headed, that delicious electricity between us charged and he pulled me closer to him, by now I was on top of him; he had one hand in my hair while the other gripped my petite waist.

As I laid on top of him I could feel a certain part of his body waking up and start to press against my thigh. “Uh, Derek…” I said pulling away from the kiss.

He seemed to know what I meant because the next thing he said was, “I’m sorry, I can’t help but get excited. I mean, the whole make-out session AND you only being in a shirt and underwear is a turn on,”

I blushed even more as I remembered I was indeed only in my underwear. I got off of him and scrawled under my covers.
He chuckled loudly—but not loud enough for my dad and Angela to hear and leaned back against the bed with his arms under his head.