Chapter Six: The Dare

Chapter Six - The Dare

I woke up suddenly on the feel of water. I open my eyes to see Cayden and Anna looked worriedly towards me. I swiftly straighten up now that I was sitting on my bed as the both sigh. Sigh of what? Relief?

"Thank God you woke up Taylor. Now get off the bed and get ready, it’s already 8." Anna informed. Get ready? But why? I look at her confused.

"Get ready for what Anna?" I asked confused.

"Forgotten? We had to Mackenzie's remember?" Mackenzie's? We already went their last night?

"One minute. What’s the time and date?" I enquired.

"It’s August 15th and its 8 pm as ‘I mentioned earlier. Why?" Anna asked confused. Then the reality hits. Shit!! I had been dreaming!! Oh God. All that was just a dream?!

"C'mon Tay get up fast we have to leave soon as you have already been sleeping for last three hours. Your dress is on the couch with the accessories and shoes. Just take off your glasses for the night. Okay?" I nodded as she left my room. My head dropped into my hands and I let out a groan. Oh my. All that was just a dream. Oh lord. Why?

I still quite upset about the fact that all that was a dream when it felt so real, slide off the bed and go to the bathroom and give myself a shower. I wrap myself in my bathroom robe go back to the room for the dress. Déjà vu hits me and I stood there dumbstruck seeing the same grey - navy blue dress which I saw in my dream. I quickly dressed up knowing that I don't have any time to waste. I quickly dried my hair and pull them up in a high pony and apply some gloss. The difficult part to do was the contact but I do succeed. I give myself I quick glance and I have to admit I look good. I quickly picked up my phone and switch off the lights and went downstairs making a mental note of dressing up like this occasionally for change.

Downstairs I heard Annabeth on the phone and Cayden was nowhere in sight. I just simply went and sat on the couch waiting for Anna to finish her call.

"Oh...okay, we'll be there in 20. Bye." She hung up and looked at me.

"You know you look good in this dress." She smirked at me.

"I know." I smirk back.

"Seriously you should dress up like this more often." She said

"I know, I have already made a mental note of that and by the way where did you find it?" I asked referring the dress.

"It was one of the many dresses in your closet which are kept untouched and before I forget. CAYDEN GET YOUR LAZY ASS DOWNSTAIRS OR I WILL SHOW AMELIA YOUR THUMB SUCKING PHOTOGRAPHS." She shouted and in less than a minute Cayden was standing before us.

"Yes ma'am." He saluted her. Both I and Anna grinned at him.

"Now tell me what’s on?" I asked.

"There is a change of plan." She informed and both me and Cayden were still confused.

"Now we're not going to Mackenzie's as it is suddenly under renovation so we are going to a party." She spoke.

"What?" I said while Cayden smiled in enthusiasm.

"Any problem, Taylor?" Anna asked sweetly, actually way too sweetly.

"Yes, there is. You are taking me to a place where I don't know anyone." I said.

"C'mon Tay, it’s your chance of making new friends even before the school and besides, you already know five people out there so tag along anyone of them." She suggested.