{19} Truth or Dare

I spun around, my skirt flowing up a bit as I did so. I saw Jack standing there looking hysterical. His cheeks were a light crimson shade and it was clear to see that he had just been crying.

My heart instantly shattered from seeing him in this state. Why on earth would he be crying? I made my way over to him and wrapped my arms around his figure. I went up on my tip-toes and placed my chin on his shoulder. His arms made their way around my waist and pulled me tighter. We stayed like this for around ten seconds before he pulled away and fixed his hair.
'Hey, what's wrong?' I spoke softly, seeing him sigh.
'Conor told me the truth of how the whole thing to do with you doing drugs wasn't just a misunderstanding, it was a plan so he could get with you instead of me'.

I didn't know what to feel at this point. If Conor told him about his whole plan to split us apart he could have potentially ruined the bond the brothers shared.
'Did you forgive him?' I reluctantly asked.

He remained silent. Not a single word left his lips for a few moments.
'No', he said, 'but I will in time. This whole thing was just as much as a shock for him as it was for the both of us'.

I nodded in understanding. We stood in silence again for a bit, both lost in our own confused states.

...

It was later on in the day, and Jack was round mine.
'I love your place', he stated as he took a seat.
'Thanks'.
'Why did you bring me here?'
I exhaled a rather loud breath. 'I'm not comfortable enough to explain why just yet'.

The boy hummed, in thought. 'Let's play truth or dare'. I raised an eyebrow. 'Yeah, we can finally find out the stuff that made our last relationship fail'.

I simply replied with an okay before asking 'Truth or dare?'

'Truth', he replied confidently although I could quite literally sense the nerves he was currently feeling.

'Why did you cheat on me?'

He froze and then sighed. 'To be honest, I don't know. Back then I was more of a 'live in the moment' type of guy. I was a player who I thought could never be satisfied. Because of that I spent most of my nights getting black-out drunk and fucking every girl I saw. I was a horny bastard who believed that relationships were only made for sex and that meant not being able to keep my dick in my pants for even a day. It wasn't until you had found out that I had been sleeping around when there was that naked girl in our bed and you let me go that I realised that I had made the worst decision of my life. I spent countless nights crying myself to sleep thinking about how much of a fuck up I am'.

It turned out that I was right the whole time when I said he was immature. And although I still had my doubts that I couldn't completely trust Jack, I was willing to start over.

'Your turn', he spoke, snapping me out of my daze. 'Truth or dare?'

'Dare', I wasn't quite ready to ask for a second chance just yet.

'Okay, I dare you to prank call Conor and tell him that you say me run out of a shop with beef jerky'.

I laughed. Ah, that's the Jack I knew. I dialled Conor's number and heard his muffled voice at the end.
'Did you ask him yet?' Was the first thing he said.
'Ask me what?' Whispered Jack.
'Um...no' said I, a blush forming in my cheeks. 'But I saw him shop lifting'.
'What is it this time? Condoms?' Conor joked. I chuckled.
'Nope. Even worse. Beef jerky'.
'Oh what a rebel he is. What's next? A tuna sandwich?'

After ending that rather strange call with Conor, I turned to face Jack and started talking, 'truth or d-'.
'Nu-uh. What did you wanna ask me and why did you ask me to meet with you today?'

I bit my lip. 'The reason why I wanted to meet with you is to win you back'.