15 - Little Furries

Start from the beginning

Guy nodded. 'You should tell us what we need to know too.' he said. 'Before we do something silly.'

Mami grinned. 'Oh, I'm sure that'll still happen.' she said. 'Especially with a certain someone who quickly thinks things are cute.'

'Hey.' said Cani and grinned. 'It's your fault. You keep Mouse in her own chair and I've seen you hug her often when you sit behind your own desk. Anyone finds that cute.'

Mami pouted and looked away. 'You're just seeing things. I'm only taking care of her because Guy neglected her for so long.'

Guy chuckled. 'I'm just glad she found such a good friend.' he said and poked Cani's nose. 'So no teasing.'

Cani playfully bit at his finger. 'It's true though.' she said and chuckled.

Avia and Guy were cleaning up the kitchen when Feli kissed him before she went out. 'See you later, darling.' she said.

'Later, pussycat.' he said. 'Hope you'll find what you look for.'

She nodded. 'I think I will, had a look at the store during the festival.' she said and gave Avia a wave. 'See you later, Avia.'

Avia gave her a nod while she dried a plate. 'Later, Feli.'

Feli took the stairs down, watching the backs of the other buildings through the vertical windows. At the ground floor she greeted two men working at one of the offices while she went out the front door. She chuckled as she wondered if the people working here thought they'd suddenly started working near a zoo.

The store she wanted to visit was around the corner of the street and she had a look at the window full of toys before she stepped inside. The section that had caught her attention during the festival was the corner full of plush animals and dolls. There were all sorts and sizes, from hand sized white and grey kittens to a big purple and blue dragon.

Feli grinned a little at the sight, unable to keep her glee and swishing tail completely in check. She wanted to hug each and every one of them.

'Oh, hey, welcome.' said a voice behind her and she turned to see a familiar young woman.

'Ah.' Feli said. 'Aren't you..?'

The woman smiled. 'The one with the little girl who wanted to pet you at the park.' she chuckled. 'Yes, I'm afraid so.' she held out her hand. 'I'm Aada. My daughter is Sade.'

Feli shook her hand. 'She was cute.' she chuckled. 'She's at school now?'

Aada looked a little sad. 'No, she's upstairs.' she said and straightened a blonde doll in short jeans dress. 'She's going to have a minor operation to her stomach in a few days. Nothing serious, but she's nervous about it. And about spending some time in the hospital.'

'Oh.' said Feli. 'Sorry to hear that.'

Aada gave her a smile. 'She'll be fine.' she said. 'She has a big collection of plush toys that comfort her and I'm thinking of making a new one for her.'

'You made these too?' asked Feli, noticing none of the plushes and dolls had labels on them.

'Yes.' Aada said, stroking a giraffe's neck. 'I learned to make these when I was little from my grandmother, and later when I met my husband Lev, who just started this store, I made it my profession.'

Feli picked up one of the kittens. 'They're very good.' she said. 'I'm looking to get a few plushes for my own little corner of the apartment but it's so hard to choose.'

Aada chuckled. 'I know what you mean.' she said. 'Which is why it's hard to think of what plush to make for Sade since she can't choose either. When she saw all of you during the festival she kept talking about you and how she liked all of you. If she could she would have taken all of you home. She has drawn many pictures of you all.'