Chapter 18

It was Friday 16th and Draco and I were sat together in our last lesson of the day, Potions with the Gryffindors. I turned to see Elisa who grinned at me. She was sharing a desk with Ron and I winked at her, causing her to giggle and duck behind her cauldron. Often it was counterintuitive to put me and Elisa together as we couldn't help but make each other laugh, even from opposite ends of the classroom. Just as Professor Slughorn announced that the lesson was drawing to a close, Elisa re-emerged from behind her cauldron and caught my eye again.
"Meet me outside." she mouthed and I nodded, turning to face Draco.
"Dray, c-can we w-wait for Elisa?" I asked and he nodded, smiling at me.
Elisa still didn't know about me and Draco but I was planning on telling her soon. As we packed up our ingredients, Elisa appeared at my side.
"Hey," she grinned, mostly to me but a little to Draco.
I smiled. It was nice to see Elisa slowly beginning to accept Draco. I understood that what he did during our fifth year was in no way acceptable but I was glad that she was beginning to forgive him. As Draco led the way out of the dungeons, Elisa and I followed a little way behind. Ron trailed behind us, talking to Potter.
"So," began Elisa, a smirk dancing at the corners of her mouth. "I was thinking we go on a double date. Tomorrow, The Three Broomsticks, I'm thinking maybe 1ish?"
My heart skipped a beat. Did Elisa know? It was almost as though she had read my mind as she elaborated.
"I know that you and Draco aren't dating but I thought it might be nice for you to get to know Ron and for the boys to resolve any bad blood?"
I nodded.
"Th-that sounds p-perfect!"
With a chuckle, Elisa nodded and grinned at me before slowing down to allow Ron and Potter to catch up with her before they headed off to the Gryffindor Common Room. With a date, time and place set, I hurried to meet Draco's stride and asked in a hushed whisper if we could find an empty classroom. Draco seemed slightly shocked but I also saw a smirk attempt to capture his mouth. I hit his arm playfully.
"I d-don't know wh-what y-you think I'm t-taking you i-into an empty c-classroom for b-but it cer-certainly is not t-that."
"Well..." Draco laughed and I playfully hit his arm again.
"N-no!"
We chuckled together as we pushed the door to an empty Charms classroom open. Just as I turned to shut the door, I felt Draco's hands snake around my waist and I grinned. Turning in his grasp, I closed the gap between us and I felt him smirk into the kiss.
"O-okay so," I began, launching into the details of the date that Elisa had invited us to the next day.
Draco was slowly nodding along with what I was saying and smiled when I had finished.
"That sounds great," he beamed.
I smiled inwardly. It was nice to see Draco making an effort to make things right between him and Elisa. I knew it would take a long time but they were both trying.

The next day, I woke up and stretched. I had fallen asleep on top of my duvet last night as the late spring/early summer warmth of May was beginning to set in. As I stood up, I stroked Buchanan who was sitting as near to the window as he could be and he gave a little purr. Collecting an outfit, I headed to the bathroom to have a shower. Once out, I got quickly dressed and opened the door. Pansy pushed roughly past me and I rolled my eyes. The joke was on her now as I had what she had been pining over for so many years - Draco. A surge of pride rushed through me and it was followed by not so much as a hint of guilt. Pansy Parkinson could be a stone-cold bitch and I was thoroughly enjoying the fact that I would soon be able to flaunt my new relationship, in the process most likely making her jealous. Not to mention Izzy Perry. I still didn't know why they had broken up, Draco didn't like to talk about it, but I knew for a fact that she still pined after him. I glanced over at her as I thought about it. She was still asleep, mottled light from the water outside the window falling on her as she slept. As I gathered Buchanan up in my arms, I looked myself over in the mirror. I was wearing a black skater skirt and had a white t-shirt tucked in. Black knee-high socks crawled up my calves and I had a pair of emerald green Doc Martens on. I thought I looked alright, my hair seemed to be behaving today and I wasn't feeling too self-conscious. With a smile, I set off down the stairs, cat in hand and saw Draco waiting patiently by the door. He grinned at me as I placed Buchanan on the floor.
"R-ready?" I asked and Draco nodded, leaning down to whisper in my ear. "You look gorgeous."
I blushed slightly as we made our way up from the dungeons to the Entrance Hall, where we had agreed to meet Elisa and Ron. I could see them chattering away to each other as we neared them and I smiled at Elisa as she looked me up and down, grinning at my outfit choice. The four of us headed down to Hogsmeade, amongst small pockets of others also choosing to spend their Saturday in the small village. We chatted together as we made our way to the Three Broomsticks and I laughed as Ron and Draco looked horrified when they were forced to speak to each other.