Chapter 12

It seemed all Elisa and I had been doing recently was homework. It was nearly 8 pm and we were sat together in the library doing our Transfiguration homework. I hadn't seen Elisa all day as it was March 1st, Ron's birthday, but now she was catching me up on everything they had done to celebrate. 
"He was rubbish at first." giggled Elisa as she explained how she tried to teach Ron to draw. "We were sat together by the Great Lake and I was trying to get him to draw the castle."
I laughed, just as Harry Potter came running into the library (much to Madam Pince's disapproval) and ran up to us. Out of breath, he grabbed Elisa's shoulder. 
"It's Ron," he gasped, his eyes wide. "he's in the hospital wing."
With a sound of shock, Elisa apologised to me profusely before sweeping all of her homework back into her back and following Potter out of the library. I assured her it was fine and watched her leave, worrying slightly before turning my attention back to my homework. I decided to stay for a little while longer in the library, just so that I could finish my Transfiguration essay but I wasn't alone for long. Almost as soon as Elisa had left, Draco entered, coming to sit with me as soon as he saw me. 
"H-hey, Dray," I said, smiling as he sat down. "Could you help me with my Transfiguration please?"
He nodded and pulled out his wand. 
"It helps to write about it once you've done the spell a few times."
I nodded in understanding and pulled out my wand. For the next few minutes, Draco and I practised the transfiguring spell that our essay was about.
"What were you doing alone, Lia?" he asked after we had practised a few times, pulling out his complete Transfiguration essay to help me finish mine. 
"I w-was w-with El-elisa b-but R-ron is in the hos-hospital wi-wing so she l-left."
Suddenly, Draco grew very pale. 
"I... uhh... need to go. Keep my essay, you can give it back tomorrow. Bye."
And with that, he hurried from the library, leaving me alone again. I sighed. I decided it was best to just leave it, to let Draco calm down on his own. I had no idea what that was all about but right now it wasn't something I needed to worry about.
        I hadn't realised how long I had been working on my essay for until Madam Pince came up to me, a pile of books in her arms.

"Apologies, Miss Avondale," she said, her taut lips forcing themselves into a harsh line. "But it is time you must leave." 

I nodded and smiled, collecting all of my things and depositing them in my rucksack. I headed back to the Common Room as quickly as I could, not wanting to catch Filch. A lot of Slytherins were still up and I spotted Draco in the corner, on his own. I hurried over to him and handed him his essay and thanked him for letting me use it. His reply was blunt and short, almost as if he didn't want to be talking to me. Sighing, I climbed the stairs to the dormitories and got changed, thinking about what could be troubling Draco. I climbed into bed, not seeing Buchanan anywhere. As I tried to get to sleep, my mind wandered to Ron and I began to think about why he was in the hospital wing. Potter seemed panicked, deeply so, and I was sure that he would appear so panicked if it were something as simple as a Quidditch injury. Could it have been something to do with Draco? What had happened to Katie Bell had been an awful accident but Draco's doing, nonetheless. If this was tied to Draco then how many more people might be injured? How many people was Draco going to knowingly or unknowingly hurt in order to complete his task? 

--------------------

Hey guys!!

Sorry, this chapter is quite short but I promise you the next chapter will be very, very long!! Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed this!! 

Thank you so much for reading it, things are beginning to get dramatic, we've got quite a bit of drama in the upcoming chapters so!!

I love you all so much, thank you again and I hope you enjoyed!!

- Izzy xx