Chapter 44- Arrest Warrant

Start from the beginning

Chase drives us to the hospital and we arrived soon. Sameer and Rhea got out of the car and walked to the entrance and talked.

Chase opened the car's door for me and I slowly got out.

"Are you sure you'll be fine today?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm so sorry Olive, I totally forgot that you had work today."

"It's fine Chase," I replied and pecked his cheek and started walking to the hospital.

"Wait," Chase approached me and I turned to face him. "When will you come back home?"

I just smiled because he doesn't know how much I work. He frowned and pouted, making me smile even more.

"Um... probably tomorrow morning or night," I replied and his mouth hung open.

"What?" He exclaimed and I chuckled. "That's too long."

"That's what I do now Chase, it's not that easy trust me but it is what it is," I replied back and he smiled.

"It's fine. I'll wait for you until you come home," he replied and I smiled. "Or... I could pick you up."

"Chase it's fine. You don't have to pick me up," I replied and he chuckled.

"You thought I was giving you a choice? Cute," he chuckled.

"Fine Chase," I replied as both of us started walking to the door alongside each other.

"By the way, do you see Sameer in the hospital?" He asked as we walked up to Rhea and Sameer.

"Yeah, sometimes. Here and there," I replied.

"Babe don't eat anything, I'll make you food tonight," Rhea said and Sameer nodded.

"Wait, is he's coming home then why aren't you?" Chase asked and I chuckled.

"Dude, she is a surgeon I'm just a physician assistant," Sameer answered.

"Yeah bro, like I know the difference," Chase replied sarcastically and all of us chuckled.

"I basically assist the surgeons," Sameer told chase.

"Makes sense."

My pager beeped and so did his. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it. "It's the tumor patient. Gotta run," I said before leaving everyone. 

___

After a long and tired shift, I walked to my locker. I called chase to tell him that I was coming home. He would be a little pissed because I took 36 hours instead of 24.

He'll be fine.

Nobody picked up on the other end and I figured that he would be asleep as it was already midnight.

Maybe he forgot about picking me up. It's fine, I'll go home and surprise him maybe.

I walked out of the hospital and looked for a cab when suddenly someone approached me. "Tired day?" Armaan asked and I nodded.

"Same. I didn't know it was going to be a rush today," he replied.

"Yup. How was your patient, the one with 57 fractures?" I asked and he breathed out.

"I'm operating in morning but I'm really so it'll be great. He is cooperating just fine," he replied and I smiled. "Need a ride?"

"Actually I was looking for a cab but there aren't many since it's midnight," I replied.

"I'll drop you off. I have to meet Rhea and Sameer either way," he offered and I nodded.

We walked to his car and talked. We sat and he drove off.