When Gilderoy Loses His Pride

*Narrator's P.O.V.*

It has been a whole month since the tremendous argument with Snape, (L/N), and Lockhart. Severus and (Y/N) have grown even closer together while Lockhart made many attempts to flirt with (Y/N), only to fail with a slap in the face. And now, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened, and Mrs. Norris is petrified. Meanwhile, with the crowd of students and professors in the hallway....

 Meanwhile, with the crowd of students and professors in the hallway

"....Prefects, take your houses back to your common rooms. No one, under any circumstances, must leave the common rooms for the rest of the night," Dumbledore announced. All the students left the area, leaving the adults to stand here.

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, and Miss Granger, you three please stay. I am asking you this question only because I want to clear off any suspicions: did you three have anything to do with...this?" Dumbledore motioned towards the bloodied wall and frozen feline. They all looked shocked from the questioned, but answered. "No, professor!" "We really didn't do this!" "It's true, headmaster!"

Severus stepped in. "If I may say, Headmaster: I believe these three students were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time." The Golden Trio gaped at Severus, shocked that he's sticking up for them. "But..."

Nevermind.

"It is in your best interests that you three must be careful where you roam around from now on. There might not be anyone who can save you," he finished with a warning tone.
Dumbledore spoke up, "I believe in your opinion, Severus. You three may leave to your common room now, so be careful." All three said "Yes, Headmaster," and left to their dorms. All the professors left to their respective rooms as well leaving Severus, (Y/N), and Gilderoy in the corridor.

Severus and (Y/N) glare at Lockhart while he glares back. They do that for 15 minutes straight before (Y/N) broke the silence.

"Well....goodnight...Professor Lockhart," she said bitterly.

Gilderoy nodded at her. "Goodnight, Miss (L/N).......Snape."

"Lockhart......let's go, (Y/N)."

"Right."

And with that, all three went their separate ways-well, Lockhart went one way and Severus and (Y/N) went the other. Once they both reached the dungeons, (Y/N) broke the silence again. She muttered to Severus, "You do know that we are all going to have to make up for September...right?" "Believe me when I say I'd rather dress up in an elder woman's clothes than to apologize to that selfish, egotistical, narssicistic twat," he spat.

"And believe me when I say I'm tired of all the glaring and the tension between the three of us! I just want to be able to sleep without feeling like there's a weight on my shoulders!" (Y/N) exclaimed in exhaustion. As they made it to her door, she declared, "Tomorrow morning, WE are going to have a civil, well-mannered breakfast, and apologize to him for calling him all those names." Severus's eyes widen a fraction, then he spoke smartly, "Why should WE apologize first when HE was the one that started this feud to begin with?!" "Because he's one of those types of people that won't apologize until someone apologizes first to feel bigger about themselves. I would know, my big sister is like that."