When You Work

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V.*

           FIRST DAY OF WORK IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!! I'm so nervous, but excited about this! I got up bright and early to prepare myself for the day. I did my usual things like brushing my hair and putting it in (h/s) and brushing my teeth, putting on my outfit for the day, and fixing my bed.

            Just as I was done fixing my bed, I heard a knock at my door. I walk towards the door and think, 'I wonder who's at my door. Maybe Dumbledore.' I make it to the door and open it, seeing Severus there instead. I was a little surprised not expecting Severus, then again his room is close to mine. "Oh, good morning, Severus," I greeted him. "Good morning, (Y/N). I just came here to escort you to the classroom you'll be teaching with me. It's better than getting lost in the sea of blooming idiots that will be waking up soon," he speaks in an irritated tone mentioning children. I guess he doesn't like them. "Alright. I was just about to head out to explore a little anyway," I told him with a small grin on my face. He turns away and starts walking asking, "Perhaps I can give you a small tour on the way there, then?" I catch up to him grinning still, answering, "That would be lovely, thank you."

~~Tiny Timeskip~~

           While we were walking around the courtyard to reach the nearby classrooms, students were awake and walking about before class begins. Some of the older years were staring and giggling while the younger years were minding their own business, some just glancing and going back to talking. I didn't know why they were looking and staring at us, but when I looked at Severus, he was kind of red and looking away from me.

              Me being concerned and remembering what to call him around students, I reached up to touch my hand against his right cheek asking him, "Prof. Snape, are you feeling alright? Your face is turning red. Do you have a fever or something?"

*Severus's P.O.V.*

            Blast all these children staring at us. I keep hearing a few whispering and wondering if we're already together and some are staring like they've seen a Thestral. I continue to ignore them, but I can't get rid of this stupid blush on my face. I feel a soft hand touch my right cheek to turn my head towards a soft voice asking me, "Prof. Snape, are you alright? Your face is turning red. Do you have a fever or something?" I can't help but blush harder and barely speak out without stuttering. "Yes, I'm fine. Let's just get to the classroom now, if you don't mind," I say with a red, stone face. "Of course," (Y/N) answers skeptically. Damn, what is she doing to me? I can barely keep myself together around her!

~•~Another Timeskip to Making Potions~•~

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V.*

              'Okay, okay, okay. Deep breath, (Y/N). Calm down, this is just your first class to help teach in. Make a good impression, be a good assistant, help when it's needed,' I prep myself in my head. I keep pacing around the classroom before the students come in with Severus outside running one more errand before class starts. He trusted me to make sure everyone is here if he doesn't make it in time, basically do attendance. I can manage that for now.

           I stop pacing once the students are finally coming in and sitting in their seats. Once everyone was in their seats, I start to begin attendance. I was about halfway through the students when a fourth-year Slytherin boy raised their hand. "Yes?" I ask him. "Yes, forgive me in advance, but I just want to say this to get it off my chest really quick..." he begins with a serious face, "...are you from France, because maDAMN!"

            EVERYONE in the classroom starts laughing while I'm standing there with a huge blush on my face, not noticing Severus about to come in and give him detention, but I know how to turn these tables.

      "To answer your question, no, I'm from (C/N). And if stupid were to take the form of a plane, you'd be a jet."

         Now everyone, including myself, is laughing at the boy, one student giving me a high-five, which I gave back. Then all of a sudden, everyone stops laughing. I stop laughing and ask, "What's the matter? I thought it was funny?" One Hufflepuff girl points to the spot behind. I turn around slowly and now I see why everyone stopped in fear.....

Snape.was.behind.me.

And he is NOT happy.

Then again, his face is always not happy.

     "No need to explain, I heard EVERYTHING," he speaks and turns towards the Slytherin boy glaring. "Detention with me tonight and for two weeks, Mr. Kirchstein(name came from the top of my head. If you know who he is, I love you<3). And Miss (L/N)...." I start to get scared and closed my eyes tight...

       "....Nice comeback."

       I shoot my eyes open, looking to see his barely noticeable smirk. It took me a second to register what he just said until I show a nervous smile back at him. He gives a small nod until he goes back to his cold facade and continues to stroll to his desk.

         "There will be no wand-waving or silly incantations in this classroom!" Severus exclaims as Potions class REALLY begins. Once he gave his little speech about bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses, bottling fame, and brewing glory, the class gets their ingredients for their first potion to begin making.
Some of the students began with no trouble, but a few were struggling. One child almost put in the wrong ingredient, so I managed to stop them before they could cause an explosion.

       "Wait, wait, wait!" I exclaimed quietly, "If you put that in, you're going to burn someone's eyebrows off. Here, read the instructions closely this time, and then you can add that ingredient after this one."

*Severus's P.O.V.*

         As I am writing things down at my desk, I happen to glance towards (Y/N) helping a student with their instructions. 'Honestly, if they can't read carefully, they should get glasses...' I thought to myself, '...But, it's nice for (Y/N) to help them out. Wait, that's why she's here, Severus: to assist the professor, you idiot.'

          I look back down to my desk, but I keep glancing at (Y/N) every now and then to make sure she is doing her job well, which she is. I actually thought she wouldn't do a thing and annoy me nonstop.

  She might actually fit right in here.