“Oooohhhh, sounds fun.” Nina winked at me while I just rolled my eyes at her childish behavior.

“It is for the competition, and you know that.”

“Yeah yeah, but anyway, atleast you can ride with us, right?” She asked, with a hopeful smile.

I grinned at her. “Of course. Who else will I go with?”

____________________________

After lunch with my friends, I proceeded to head towards my locker. I had no idea where Braydon was, because, I hadn't seen him since morning when he had not so subtly, ignored me. He didn't show up at the cafeteria which just made me wonder if everything was alright. I couldn't spot Talon either, which was weird because he's usually sitting with the football team.

“You have a minute?” I heard a voice call out from behind me.

I turned to see who it was, and was surprised to find Sarah standing there holding her books. Quickly taking out the books for the next two periods, I hurriedly shut my locker. I really wanted to talk to Sarah, specially after our last real conversation.

“We've the same class now, let's walk?” I asked her, unsure of her reply. When she nodded and fell into step with me I just held out a breath. Sarah was unusually distant since the past few weeks, and I had no clue what to do about it. The rest of the gang, except Arthur had felt the same and that left me worried.

“I wanted to talk to you about Gregg.” She said, causing an involuntary sigh to escape from my throat. I immediately covered it up for a cough, I didn't need another argument with her on the line.

“I'm listening.”

“Look Bella,” she said in a serious tone and continued, “I am sorry about what I said. I know you were just watching out for me, but you've got to know that I was in love with him.”

I looked at her and gave her a small smile. Of course I knew that, I knew that before she did. “I understand. I just- I don't know, I was a bit protective I guess.”

“I know that, and I'm sorry I was so stupid to see that.”

“It's not a problem, you've been worst.” I joked which caused her to laugh.

“I just don't understand why I have to go for the wrong guy.”

“Hey! You'll have your right one. Seriously. Just- no more Novak please.” I pleaded.

“No goddamn way, he can go lick Leah's ass.” She muttered in response.

As we entered class and went to take our seats, I turned towards her. “What do you mean? Please don't tell me what you think it is.”

“Oh darling, it's that and much more. Apparently, Gregg was extremely jealous of Braydon coming back in the team and Leah lured him in for some plan that would like-I don't know harm Braydon maybe? So, Gregg says yes but, guess what? They got busted. And now they're disqualified for the Fleur Cup.”

My inner self was dancing like a child when I heard this. God they deserved it. Devils.

“Thank the Lord they did, they tried stealing our photographs.” I filled in Sarah with the small detail, causing her to widen her eyes in horror.