Chatper 9 - Pinkie on Ice

Start from the beginning

Pinkie gasps when she sees the-one-on-paper's hair go flat in sadness when she hears what one of the changleings disguised as one of her friends say about her. Pinkie doesn't let me turn the page, and sadly places a hoof on the paper, tracing over the-one-on-paper's frown.

"Don't worry," I say in what I hope is a comforting manner, "It's not really you."

Pinkie smiles at me. "Th-thanks," she says sweetly.

For about one or two hours, I read my complete collection of pony comics to Pinkie. When we're done, Pinkie searches the bookshelf for another, but to her disappointment, finds nothing. "Sorry," I say, "That's all the pony comics I can buy. There are no more new ones being made."

Pinkie stares at me in disbelief. Then, her eyes seem to well up with tears. "Pinks, it's okay," I coo, bringing her into a hug. "I'll buy some other comics for you tomorrow, would you like that?"

She nods, making a small 'mhm' noise and looks up at me with those big, icy blue eyes. Then I remember why I tried to pass the time. "I've got a present for you. Well, four, actually," I declare, reaching underneath my bed and pulling out the scarf and the dog jacket.

I grab the shoebox in my closet with the four ice skates in them and giggle. "Step into these," I order, placing the white ice skates down.

Pinkie steps into them, and I lace them up, before wrapping the scarf around her neck and putting the jacket in her. It's a little too big, but Pinkie doesn't mind. She glances at the things she's wearing and then looks up at me for answers. I pull on the shoes I was wearing earlier and beckon for her to follow me.

She does and walks with her legs kicking outwards, kinda like the way a dog would when wearing weird shoes. Shut up, I saw it on a vine once, okay?

Pinkie nearly slips down the wooden stairs, but I grab her by her waist and carry her to backyard.

She shivers as we get outside and gasps at the home made ice rink I've made for her in amazement, but looks at me as if still questioning what she's supposed to do.

I chuckle and make my way to the edge of the rink. Pinkie follows. I cautiously step onto the ice with one foot, then slowly place the other on it, too. I slide slightly, it feels like I'm hovering! I stick my arms out for balance, then turn to Pinkie. "I don't have proper skates for myself, but you do. I'll help you learn how to ice skate," I say enthusiastically.

Pinkie cheers and attempts a jump, quickly stumbling face first into the soft snow. She giggles madly, pulling herself up as I do a few laps of the rink to make sure it's safe. This is seriously like, really cool.

Pinkie decides to play in the snow for a while, however, the ice skates made it a little difficult to do so. "C'mon, Pinkie!" I call, circling the ice and squatting down whilst moving. "It's fun!" I add, leaping into the air and doing a pirouette, landing on one leg almost gracefully.

Almost.

I had to wobble my arms a bit to stop myself from falling and smashing my face on the ice.

The only reason I knew how to do that was because when I was a kid, mom forced me to do figure skating instead of taking art class because that was her dream, not mine.

Still, it did prepare me for a situation where I find a pink pony that can talk and do things normal ponies can't and want to teach her how to skate, didn't it? No, it didn't.

"Fff... Fu... Fun!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Fun! Fun! Fun!" She chanted, skipping around a few times and then towards me.

She stops abruptly when she reaches the edge of the ice. I slide over to her and kneel down, holding my arms out in a welcoming gesture. "Come on, you can do it!" I say encouragingly.

Pinkie stares cautiously at her skates, before slowly putting a front hoof out and pressing the boot's blade against the ice firmly. "That's it!" I entice.

She gives a weak smile but doesn't look up at me, still concentrating on her balance. She slowly but surely puts her other front hoof on the ice. I lean forward and lightly pinch the front of her jacket in case she slips. Pinkie gives me a great full smile, and lets me pull her full body slowly onto the ice.

I raise myself so Pinkie's tail trails between my outstretched legs. I'm bent over though, holding the back of Pinkie's jacket in case she falls. "Okay, now just put one hoof in front of the other," I murmur, "Slide off with your left back leg and right foreleg, and lift your right back leg and left foreleg for balance. Let's try to make it all around the big circle."

Pinkie does as I say, and for a quadruped, she was pretty good. She skates faster and faster and faster, and soon I finally decide to let go of Pinkie's jacket. At first she doesn't notice, until she whizzes by me again and squeals, her legs flailing everywhere. "Don't worry, keep going!" I cry, not wanting her to give up so easily.

"You're a natural!"

"N... naa... natural!" Pinkie screams.

"Calm down!" I exclaim. Does she even know how to stop? "Lean away from the directing you are going!" I call.

She does as I say, shredding some ice and coming to a stop like a boss. "Woohoo!" I cheer, clapping my hands.

Pinkie just stands there, panting. She turns to look at me. "Again!" She squeals.

Since when did she learn how to say that? Maybe from a tv show? Oh well, at least it's not a rude word.

Pinkie begins to skate, a little wobbly at first but then smoothing out as she turned a corner. I slide alongside her, and before I know it! she and I are racing. We're going so fast around the rink, the wind is whipping at our hair! I decide to do my own little commentating.

"And Pinkie makes a move- she's now ahead by a nose! But no, I slide in front, I'm now ahead by a nose. But wait, Pinkie skates out, she's ahead by a nose! No, half a nose! No, about 62.43% of a nose! Roughly speaking.... And then I zoom out, I'm ahead by 350 noses!"

Pinkie chuckles, then bumps into the side of my leg. I gasp dramatically. "Oh no she didn't!" I say with sass.

I lean in and lightly bump Pinkie's side. "Oh, yes, she di-id!" I say, clicking my fingers.

Pinkie flashes a bitchy look. Okay, mrs nice guy. You're fired.

I suddenly slide out in front and leap into the air, doing my trademark pirouette and landing smoothly, now ahead of Pinkie by a lot. Pinkie gives a determined look and leaps forward, attempting to do a pirouette as well, but falling on her rump. When I notice she's fallen, I slide to the edge of the rink and jump off, skidding on the snow before turning back to see if Pinkie was alright.

She was sitting in the ice, so I slide back over to her and bend down. "Pinkie, are you okay?" I ask in concern.

She looks up a met with a smirk and turns away, skating off. "Hey!" I exclaim.

Mrs nice guy, you're double fired!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, people reading!

Thanks so much for waiting for the update. From now on, only 'My Little Pinkie Pie' updates will be happening, so all the other stories will be on hold... oh well, it's not like you were interested in them anyway! Lol.

Also, it's Monday... urgh. Hope I made your Monday a little better.

I'm getting braces today, and can I just say I am extremely nervous? I can!

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter!

Stay happy.

~ilovepinkiepie