Mei's Father owned a few businesses and worked in trading. He also helped with receiving goods from other cities, villages, or merchants.

During the past two days Mei had gone over the meager information provided by the previous Mei about this world. She had traveled to the Lowest Realm called Fēi Yún (Flying Clouds). There were actually four other Realms but no one actually knew how to reach these planes. It was still written in History books though and even taught at Magic Schools, like the one Mei went to.

The Second Realm was called Piāoliú Fēng (Drifting Wind) and was said to be a land filled with dense QI. Apparently people who have cultivated further than Stage 5 would open a door into this Realm where even Mythical Creatures roamed.

As for the other three Realms, these were actually specialty living environments as opposed to Piāoliú Fēng the 'mixing pot'. One Realm, Yin Yang Holyland, was only saturated in Light and Dark Qi, another, Shénshèng de Bīngshuāng (Divine Frost), was filled with the rare Lightning and Ice element, the last was named Asura. Asura was exactly as the name suggests, a living hell. It was also the best place to train Space Qi but Demonic practitioners are said to frequent this land.

This is all hearsay though since no one in Fei Yun are actually positive these places exist.

Fei Yun was separated into four continents that's controlled by an Emperor; under the Emperor were numerous Kings of City's; underneath the Kings were Village Lords. (Basically there's an Emperor who controls an entire continent and some continents are bigger than others so the amount of Cities also differ, making the amount of Kings also different. So there's no set amount of Kings. As the story goes on I'll give more details. I feel like I just overloaded on information here.)

Mei was currently in the city Shuǐ Liǔ (Water Willow). Near the King's palace was a large water channel that twisted through the streets and people traveled by boat. Where Mei was at, near the outskirts, was mostly normal roads. The Mercenary Acquisition Shop was actually located near the outskirts as well and not far from Mei's residence.

At least I hadn't needed a mode of transportation to get to the Mercenary shop yesterday. I'm also glad I didn't need to travel further into the City. Mei thought to herself as she finally walked into the courtyard and saw her mother sipping tea at a table. A beautiful pond with floating lotuses took up most of the scenery.

There was also a bamboo grove off to the side near a tiny bridge that traveled across a small rocky water channel. A tiny waterfall made from rocks gave the quiet scene a beautiful water melody.

"Mother," Mei inclined her head with a smile, "Mei'er has come to visit."

Mei's mother, Yang Dongmei, raised her head from observing her tea with a radiant smile. "Mei'er, you're feeling better?"

Mei sat down across from her mother and nodded her head in acknowledgement. Although she's not my mother, I surprisingly feel a very close bond with her. Even in my past life I hadn't felt close to my parents but then again they had adopted me.

Although she was confused about this, she merely thought it had something to do with the previous Mei's memories.

"Are you sure you feel ready to go back to school? If you don't I can send Caia over to let your teachers know that you'll be staying here to recuperate for a few more days."

She took another sip as she worriedly looked at her daughter. 

"Mother, Mei'er is fine," she paused to take a sip of her own tea before adding, "Can I bring Senri with me though?"

Her mother frowned a tiny bit in thought as if it was something difficult to agree to. Senri shifted restlessly behind his Miss. Miss, no matter what, I'm still a boy and it's inappropriate for me to be so close to you in public. 

Senri seemed to forget that even if he was a boy, for all intents and purposes he looked like a woman. 

If mother agrees then I'll need to sew pockets into Senri's clothing to stuff with round balls. With that he'll really look like a woman. Mei was thinking about ways to make Senri grow chest to complete his female look during this time. 

"There shouldn't be a problem but I don't think the teachers will agree to it if it's extended past a week. We'll just tell them that you are still healing and need Senri to assist you."

"Thank you, Mother."

"Let's talk about something else," she paused before continuing, "You're cultivation has suddenly risen. You haven't hit any backlashes from this right?"

Mei's pulse quickened. How did mother know she'd advanced? Unless her cultivation is higher... Her eyes widened as she looked at her smiling mother before collecting herself back together. 

"I'm fine, mother. I'll solidify my Qi first before progressing further though, just in case."

After that they ate sweets, drank tea, and held small conversations. As the afternoon arrived Mei excused herself to go back to her own courtyard with Senri trailing behind her. Once there she subjected them both to hell in the form of training. 

(A/N: I'm actually not to sure about this chapter. I feel like I just vomited too much info.. Maybe I should've waited. Sigh. Live and learn. I'll just leave it for now and maybe later I'll come back and change this.)