chapter 20

Thunder roars in the sky. Rain drops begin to fall washing the blood off Finn's face. He looked so peaceful now.
All of this because of a witch. Darren ...Finn.. I can't handle another death. What if the hunters kill Carter or worse Garret? What if I'm left alone in this world. It's all overwhelming me right now. I feel so lost and afraid.

Carter walks over to me and everyone gets quiet. The tears I had been holding in suddenly flood out. "Shh, It's okay Dawn. Don't cry, please don't cry..."

"I've lost my brother and Finn. And in both deaths I was the main point. ME!! I HATE MYSELF!!"

I ripped myself from Carter's arms and run. Not exactly sure where to but I just needed to get away from there. People died when I'm around. I'll stop this. If I'm not here anymore then maybe no one else will die because of me....

.............

CARTER'S POV

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

I turn and look at one of the guards. It's been 33 days since she left. 33 days.. we still can't find her.

The guard lowers his eyes. "Sir we found a body buried by the bridge. We think-"

My eyes widen and I immediately interrupt him. "That's not her so don't even go down that path. Keep looking we'll find her."

The guard tries to speak again. "But sir I think it is-."

"SHUT UP!!! WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! ITS NOT HER. KEEP LOOKING!!"

The guard bows and leaves the room.
It can't be her it just can't. No one would hurt my precious Dawn. No one..

I can feel my stomach tighten and tears form at the corner of my eyes.

Garret walks in. He picks up a chair and throws it at the window. "WHO WOULD HURT MY BABY SISTER...who.."
He falls to the ground in tears.

I look at him. "She's not dead.. she can't be."

Garret lifts his head and I can see his red eyes and the dark circles under his eyes. He looks terrible.

He shows me a necklace and scarf. "She was wearing this the day she went missing right?"

I nod. He looks away from me. "These came from the body."

I shake my head viciously. "No... NO SHE'S NOT DEAD!! WE HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING!!"

Garret shakes his head. "She's gone... My little sister is gone.."