chapter 18

I smile but begin to think about the two people before him that said the same thing. One went as far as to kidnap me.
"Hey are you alright?" Carter looks at me with concern in his eyes.

I look at the floor not quite sure what to say. "I just don't think I want a mate.."

Carter's eyes widen. "Did I do something you didn't like? I will change my clothes if it's the colors or my accent. I can try and make it sound American."

I laugh as he tries to imitate a southern accent. "Carter, it isn't you. It's me."

He rolls his eyes. "Look, I'm not going to take your typical break up words. What is it? Something is bothering you."

I shake my head walking out of the room. "Goodnight Carter."

He stands there with a confused expression on his face. "We are not done talking. I will be at your door tomorrow morning."

I sigh and head upstairs. I hop into bed and stare at the ceiling in the dark. "I don't know what to do Vampire Goddess. Help me out."

I fall asleep dreaming of Darren and Garret. It was more of a memory. Darren pushed Garret into the creek and Garret was furious. When he swam back to the edge he yanked Darren in by his leg. Then when they heard me laughing, they chased me down and tossed me in.

I wake up in tears. It was a time when peace was all we knew.

I wash up and get dressed. I turn on the country station and turn it up. I begin to sing May we all by Florida Georgia Line. Holding my brush as a mic, I sing like there's no tomorrow.

I spin around and stopped abruptly. "Excuse me! Why are you here with my door wide open!" I can feel my face heat up in embarrassment.

Carter stands there trying not to laugh. "I told you yesterday I would be here."

I sigh. " What do you want."
He winks as he walks back down the hall. "YOU princess. Just you."
.......

I head downstairs a few minutes later and see Garret speaking with Carter.
They both look at me and begin to whisper. Then they smile at me innocently.

"I don't know what y'all are talking about but just shut up."

Garret laughs. "What makes you think we were talking about you?"

I give him a dirty look. "I'm not stupid.."

Carter starts to talk but is interrupted by one of my guards. "Mr. Ashe, Mr. Henson we have a problem. Wolves are surrounding us."

All three of us get up and rush outside. Sure enough, we were surrounded by none other than Finn himself.

"GIVE US CLINTON!!"

Garret sighs in relief. "They're just here for the mutt in the prison."

Garret begins to signal to one of the guards. I stop him. "Clinton is the one who saved my life and the other vampires, we can't just hand him over after what he did for us."

Carter looks at me with a look I can't quite explain. "He's a wolf Dawn, you can't trust them."

"I don't care!! He is NOT being thrown back to them. I would never be able to live with myself."

Garret sighs frustrated. "Fine but he is leaving and going to one of those wolf packs."

I nod relieved. Garrett turns to the wolves and shouts,"YOU ARE NOT GETTING HIM!!! NOW OFF OUR LAND!!"

Well, let's just say they didn't do that. We begin our fight and I realize I should let Clinton and his little girlfriend out secretly. I head to the prison and see the two of them holding ... Kingston?!!!

I rush over to the door. "Why is Kingston in here?!" Jennifer turns and glares at me. "Because he's my son. You stole him from me!! Clinton and I were together before you showed up. This is our son. I just got done explaining that to him. NOW LET US GO!! You already tried to steal my man and my son. YOU AREN'T STEALING MY FREEDOM!!".

I stand shocked. Way to let a bombshell out. I'm glad I didn't get into a real relationship with Clinton. I wouldn't be any better than Megan at that point.

I open the door and smile at Kingston. He turns away from me crying. My heart breaks. He will never like me or any vampire now..

Clinton sadly smiles at me and turns to Jennifer and Kingston. "Y'all go out the back. I have some business to attend to. Jennifer hugs him in tears. "Please don't die.."
Then she hurries out the back door with little Kingston who takes one last look at me as the door closes.

Clinton heads outside and the fighting stops.