Chapter Thirty: Ballad Of Mona Lisa

Start from the beginning

Asuka: "Do as you will just wear these." Asuka said as she handed me a pair of gloves. I took them from her and put them on. I also roll my sleeves down all the way and decide to take a look at the area around the body first.

Nothing of notice can be seen on the left side all other than some blood. Likely from this poor person's struggle to get away. I take note of the blood splatter pattern and move to the right wall where the event took place. Three nail holes have been left behind from where they took the body down from the wall. I walk closer to te wall to examine the holes. Dried blood is the most prominent in the holes for the hands and as a result not much can be seen unless it gets scrapped off. I then move to the feet hole and notice something a tad odd. Among the dried blood a single sharp looking piece of metal lies within. I look at the three nails and they are rusted and old. Odd. I reach in and take the piece of sharp metal out. I bring it closer to myself and examine it. Okay. This edge seems it went from a liquid to a solid quite fast. Either it was poor on the nail to make it hurt more or a metal bender did this. I look at crime scene guy abd snap my fingers.

You: "Hey! Forensic guy come here." I said to the dude. The blonde young guy walks over and I show him the metal. "The edge of this metal is really rough. That tells me that it was a liquid before it was quickly hardened. Either this guy poors hot metal on the victim's feet which is unlikely or they're a metal bender. I found it in the hole for the nail on the feet." I said as I showed the guy the evidence. He took it from me and examined it.

Forensic Guy: "No water mark so it was just scrap before hand... And it's not rusted like the nails so it was likely bent by a metal bender... Like you said... Hm" The dude said as he thought to himself. "I found something similar in the body but I couldn't remove it do to it being lodged in a bone. Can you look at it?" The guy asked me. I nodded and followed him to the body. He removed the sheet for me and I close my eyes for a moment to steel myself to look again.

The body is a woman. She seems to be in her late twenties. Maybe twenty seven. Her skin is quite pale suggesting she's been dead for about a day. Her hands both have holes in them from the nails and are covered in dried blood. Her feet are much the same. The body itself is covered in cuts and the remnants of bruises. Whoever did this took pleasure in hurting her before killing her like they did. As the fike stated, her right leg, hand and arm are purple thanks to being broken. The most disturbing thing is the fact that this poor woman's head on the upper right side is broken open. I can't see her actual brain due to the dried blood but it's obvious this sick fuck took the frontal lobe as a trophy. I kneel done and get to examine the wounds. The forensic guy shows me where that extra metal shard is. It's in the middle of the leg below the knee. Ah. Thickest part of the bone. I grab it gently and pull it as I hold the body's leg in place. The shard comes out and the lower half is scratched due to the bone. The forensic guy compares it to the other piece and it is the same metal. I examine each wound to see if there are anymore of these shards. Seems there could've been but have been removed... Hm... Could it be possible that this assumed metal bender used these shards to cut the target up before nailing them to the wall? If that's true it would explain why that they are gone... Why would they leave these two though?

You: "I have a thought." I said to the forensic guy. He looked at me as I opened the woman's eyes. No damage thankfully so I let them close. "From what I could tell by pulling the cuts apart slightly there were more of these shards in her body. If this person is a metal bender than they used them to cut the victim up before nailing them to the wall. Likely to prevent screaming thanks to the blood loss. Were there more of these shards found in other bodies?" I asked the forensic guy as I opened the woman's mouth. Nothing in there so I let it shut again.

Forensic Guy: "Only two other times I can think of. Both times, including this one, someone spotted the person talking to the victim in the dark. The civilian always called out and the person ran. I guess he forgot a few things." The forensic dude said as he took my shard to place it ina small envelope.