Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

I saw a ears threaten to fall from his green eyes before he said,”  I don't think we are even friends anymore, Lou?”

That is when the first tear fell.  Oh, no what do I do!  I have never really been the one to comfort someone else.  Harry has always been the stronger one between the two of us.  He was always the one cuddling me and stroking my hair to make me feel loved and would be the one to put the pieces back together, not me?  Before I know it Harry cuddles into me and fists his t-shirt I am wearing tears streaming down his face.  Why does there have to be so much crying these days?  Why can’t we go back to smiling at each other in the park or cuddling during a movie?  Where did that life go?  

I guess my natural instincts, I didn't even know I had, kick in as I wrap my arms around him and hold him as close to me as possible before whispering sweet nothings into his ear trying to calm him down.  He was quiet but I knew he was only trying to be strong for me.  I know because that is what I failed to do with him earlier.  

“Haz?”

“Y-yeah? Lou?”, He said in between sniffles.

“Can you tell me the full story?”, I tried cautious to his fragile state.

He was silent for a minute before nodding his head against my chest.

“Well after you left I w-went inside to find Charley speechless.  We both w-were speechless.  Gemma just closed the d-door behind me just watching what was about to h-happen.  I-I could take the silence anymore.  I had to get out of t-there Lou!  I didn’t want to h-hear what he had to say. . I was too scared. . “, He said voice cracking several times before stopping.

I just wait patiently for him to gather himself before starting up again by rubbing comforting circles down his back and sides.

I hear him take in a deep breath before saying,”Anyways so I-I walked to my room leaving them both b-behind but Charley followed me and turned me around asking me to l-look at him.  I-I could tell he was beyond pissed at m-me and he j-just started y-yelling at me to tell him what just h-happened, and I-I didn’t know what to say so I s-stayed quiet until I-I couldn't take it anymore and lost it. . .I told him to leave.  He wouldn’t at first wanting to get to the bottom of it a-all, but I j-just was so terrified of what h-he might say so I told h-him to l-leave again. . “

He stopped and the tears that were rolling down his cheeks intensified.  He was close to actually sobbing now, but was trying so hard to be strong and hold it all back making my heart ache worse than it already was.

“So he did. . H-he just walked silently o-over to the door glanced back-k at me w-with a so many unreadable e-emotions crossing over his f-face before breaking the eye c-contact and l-leaving.”

That is when he lost all the courage and strength he had holding him together from me.  I felt his body shake and shuddered under many hands as my hand grazed over his spine.  He didn’t cry like I did with loud sounds, but just small whimpers and the rattling of his whole body against me.  I can’t take seeing him this way I have to do something. .