[2] Merlin

Alright, here is Chapter 2 of AATIKAC (quite the title). It's unedited and blah so yeah :D

*************************************************************************************************************************

What is that horrible smell? And why is my bed so hard?

...AND WHY IS THERE WATER BEING SPLASHED ON ME?

Shaking myself awake, I sat up quickly, gasping and rubbing my eyes to catch the perpetrator of this heinous crime. What I saw made my stomach drop to the floor.

A boy, maybe about 19 or 20 years old stared down at me, an overturned bucket in his hand and a smirk on his gorgeous face. He wasn't traditionally gorgeous, in a sense, but he had a innocent and mysterious vibe about him that made him all the more attractive. His dark brown hair was tousled and his brown eyes showed nothing but amusement at my current predicament.

I opened my mouth to start yelling at this jerk when my eyes caught on the old metal bars behind him. They looked a little too much like prison bars for comfort. My eyes turned to the floor looking at bits of hay and tons of dirt before turning to a disgustingly sketchy looking corner with something on the floor that resembled human feces. So that's where the smell is coming from. The flies circling above the dark spot confirmed my theory. My face scrunched up and I immediately stopped breathing.

A laugh sounded above me, again reminding me of the douche who spilled water on me. He could answer my questions and help me get out of this place!

After I give him a piece of my mind, of course.

"HEY! What's your problem?"

This statement earned more chortles from this stranger, which I chose to ignore as I slowly stood up, brushing the unmentionables off my dirty clothes. I noticed 2 things: my purse was gone, and I had been stripped and changed into a different set of clothes. It seemed to be made of wool (thank GOD I'm not allergic!) and was crudely stitched into the form of a dress, the sleeves going to my wrists and the hemline going all the way down to my toes. Speaking of my toes, they were completely bare. These assholes took my shoes. Oh HELL no.

Once up to my full height of 5 ft. 4, I puffed out my chest with my hands on my hips and an upset look on my face. WHAT? I know, I'm overdoing it, but I want to look as scary as possible so this guy will help me get my clothes back and escape this disgustingly unsanitary place. It makes sense in my mind, okay?

The guy, all 6 feet of him looked down at me and laughed even harder. I'm probably gonna regret this, but I walked forward and pushed him hard, my hands briefly touching his scratchy dark blue shirt and an energy wave ran through my entire body. It wasn't altogether pleasant either.

He didn't even move, looking amusedly surprised rather than angry. He reached up his arms to catch my hand that was flying towards his cheek, and when he caught it I, again, felt a wave of energy roll through me. What the hell is that?

"Easy, maiden, you don't want to hurt a friend," He said, his voice leaking life into the dark and dirty room. Now that I was completely awake, I could definitely feel a sort of buzzing in the air, especially around him, and it did not make me feel completely comfortable.

Screw being scary! I need to get away! Slowly, I backed up until, yanking my arm out of his grasp, I felt the wall behind me. Seeing me do this, he tilts his head muttering something.

"Look, mister. Leave me alone," I reply in a sturdy voice, trying not to show how scared I actually was.

"I did not mean to cause alarm, maiden. I apologize for any fear that might've plagued you after you awoke," he says, holding up his hands and taking a step closer to me. His head, now upright, turns to the side again. Jeez, this guy is gonna snap his neck if he keeps doing that. "Who is this 'mister' you speak of? I am not familiar with him."