[8] His Manly Giggle

Helloooooo, so I'm sorry for the crazy gaps between uploads, but this year was my senior year and lately I've just had too much going on to really be bothered to write this story. I wanted to dedicate this upload to girl-interrupted for kicking my butt in gear and providing me with the inspiration needed to pick up this story again. Thanks! So, without further ado, I give you Chapter 8 of AATIKAC. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I woke up and everything was perfect. The fire from last night had died down and was now just a pile of smoking ash in the fireplace. The curtains were open and sunlight was streaming in. The birds were chirping their little heads off. The sounds of people going about their daily business came in through the window and pleasantly woke me. I all but felt like I should roll out of bed singing merry little tunes and having animals come help me clean my room.

On my bedside table lay my purse, clothes, and shoes I'd arrived in with a note written in elegant script on top.

Dearest Guinevere,

I've taken the liberty of returning your belongings to you. I hope you find everything back in your possession. Perhaps these materials, whatever purpose they may serve, will remind you of home and ease your transition into this strange land.

As much as I know you don't want to, find Arthur. If you have any questions or concerns, tell him and I'm sure he will do everything he can to appease you. He truly is a great man. Just give it some time.

I will see you in eight days time. Please stay out of trouble while I'm gone.

Merlin

I smiled down at the note. Merlin was just too thoughtful, I thought as I picked up my black purse stuffed full of useless things (you know, just in case).

Merlin was right, having my purse and everything in it back in my hands really made me feel like I was carrying a little bit of the modern world with me and it made me feel a ton better. I quickly began looking through the crap that sat inside.

Among other small things there was an eyebrow pencil and brush, an old pack of gum, an extra pair of socks, hair ties, bobby pins, lipstick, my phone, a few bills(both pounds and dollars), and a pocket-sized mirror. A few tampons and pads lay on the bottom, which made me mentally hoorah because I was sure they definitely did not make tampons in the 6th century, and I was SO not ready to sit on a bloody rag all day that I had to personally wash with my hands every night and wear the very next day.

I put my purse down and picked up the clothes folded neatly on the table. I didn't think shorts, a black galaxy crop top with a giant cat on it, a hoodie, and Converse would fly very well with the noble gentry of the 6th century, so after longingly holding them up and staring at them for a few seconds, I folded them neatly and put everything on a shelf in my giant wardrobe, before slipping out of my silky pajama dress and putting on a simple black dress.

A maid passed by and she kindly helped me with the dress (there were strings and knots EVERYWHERE) and offered to show me where I could find some food.