"You clearly need an anatomy lesson, asshole." she spat. "Her ass is not her eyes, grow up."

Draco was livid. He whipped around and advanced on Jack.

"Are you telling me that even after I punched you in the face, you still had the audacity to watch her leave?" snarled Draco, his eyes flashing with anger. "What in the hell makes you think it's okay to treat women like objects? First Elisa Stevenson and now Ophelia?!"

I was frozen still. What did Draco mean 'first Elisa Stevenson'? What did Jack do to her? Jack said nothing in response, he just stared at Draco. Neither Jack nor Draco noticed the Common Room door opened. Our Head of House strode purposefully in, his black cloak billowing out behind him and a stern look grasping his features. Everyone saw him except Jack and Draco.

"ANSWER ME, ASSHOLE." screamed Draco as I tugged vigorously on his robe sleeve, trying to get his attention.

It was clear that Draco had really pushed Jack's buttons, he had gone too far. The whole Common Room had gone silent as Professor Snape strode towards us. He opened his mouth to reprimand Draco but was interrupted by an unaware Jack.

"STEVENSON DESERVED IT!" he roared, leaning closer to Draco. "AND MAYBE, IF YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRLFRIEND WASN'T DRESSED LIKE A SLAG, WEARING LITTLE TO NO CLOTHING, I WOULDN'T BE SO TEMPTED."

That was it. Draco snarled and reached for Jack but Snape was already there. He grabbed Jack forcefully by the collar and with no words, dragged him from the Common Room. I turned and ran, needing to get into the Dormitories before I started crying.  I managed it but only just. I turned to slam the door behind me but it was caught by Draco, who had followed me in. With a sigh, I collapsed onto my bed and burst into tears, sobs racking my body. Wordlessly, Draco sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me, allowing me to just cry into his shoulder.

"I h-hate h-him!" I yelled, though slightly muffled by Draco.

"I know, me too." he soothed.

Then I remembered what Draco had said to Jack and sat up.

"Wh-what d-did y-you me-mean by f-first El-Elisa?" I asked.

He looked apprehensive as if pondering whether he should tell me.

"Dray, c-come on." I pleaded, taking one of his hands with both of mine. "Sh-she's my b-best fr-friend."

Draco feigned offence and I gave him a warning look. He had known me for long enough to know that the look I had just given him meant that I was not in the mood, it was not the time for jokes. With an apologetic sigh, Draco swallowed.

"Earlier in the year, Jack... he..." Draco couldn't quite get the words out. "he tried to rape her and I... I caught him."

I gasped.
"H-he what?!" I was astounded.

I knew Jack was an asshole, a creep, but never did I think he would go that far. In order to change the subject, Draco stood up and moved to the door.

"We should get to breakfast. I'll wait for you to get dressed."

With a soft smile, Draco left the Dormitory and I scrambled around beside my bed, my mind racing, trying to find my clothes.

        Once dressed, I pulled open the door and saw Draco sat at the top of the stairs. He stood up and I smiled at him. I was slightly calmer now and having Draco at my side would help tremendously. This morning's antics, however, were still fresh in my mind as Draco and I descended the stairs and crossed to the door of the Common Room. Sat by the door was Blaise, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle, and they got up as soon as we approached.