Pap 2

Check out the previous post for the first part

Pap is really easy to make but also tricky because any small mistake can result in lumps and no one wants that, this is how i make MY pap

                      INGREDIENTS
Wet corn starch(Akamu/ Pap)
Water (Hot and Cold)
Evaporated Milk and Sugar/ honey/ sweetner (to taste)

                      METHOD
-Put some lumps of akamu/ogi/pap into a sizeable bowl. Akamu rises during preparation so you should use a bowl big enough to contain the meal in its risen state ( i usually use 2 tablespoons of akamu for me)
-Use a tablespoon to crush the lumps of ogi into very small pieces.Add cold water in small quantities and mix till you have a medium consistency with no lumps.
-Put a kettle of water to boil. Make sure the water will be enough. It is better to boil too much water than not have enough water when making pap.
-Just before the water boils, stir the mix very well because some of the pap may have settled at the bottom of the bowl (If not stirred well, this is the major cause of lumps when you start making it).
-Once the water boils, pour it slowly but steadily in a circular motion into the bowl of akamu and stir at the same time.
- Pouring the hot water slowly and stirring at the same is very important because this prevents lumps, Once you see the mixture setting, stop stirring and reduce the flow of water you are pouring till the akamu has completely thicken
-Set the kettle aside and stir the pap very well. If it is too thick for you, you can add more hot water. But be careful else it will become watery. Remember you will still add liquid evaporated milk (if you want to take your pap with akara or anything of the sorts, I'll suggest you ignore the milk and just use sugar cos i think it'll be too sweet but you do you)
- Add your milk and sugar to taste

 Remember you will still add liquid evaporated milk (if you want to take your pap with akara or anything of the sorts, I'll suggest you ignore the milk and just use sugar cos i think it'll be too sweet but you do you)- Add your milk and sugar to t...