Your Hand in Mine- Jack x reader

Reader gender: female
Warnings: swearing, brief mentions of death
A/n: sorry for being absent for so long! I've kinda lost a lot of motivation and creativity so please send in some prompts I'm v desperate.
Word count: 2202
You laid down on your bed with a good book and music blasting from your phone, bored after the third day the Winchester's had left you alone in the bunker. The sound cut out, replaced by the generic ringtone. You answered it after seeing it was Dean.
"Hey hey." You greeted.
"Y/n, glad you're okay. I need you to meet us in Wyoming, we have stuff to talk about." He said, sounding morbid.
"Okay, text me the address. Hey, is everything okay? What happened with the nephilim?"
"I'll tell you there." He growled before hanging up.
He quickly sent you the address for a hotel about a 12 hour drive from the bunker. You packed a small bag and retrieved your motorcycle from the garage.
You rode for 12 straight hours, running on nothing but fast food and caffeine. The limited word from the boys only made you go faster.
You finally arrived at the hotel and parked next to the familiar Impala. You grabbed your bag and walked to the building, passing a boy around your age huddled by a stack of crates. You slowed down and knelt down beside him.
"Hey, are you okay?" You asked him.
"Yeah. Everyone was just really angry inside." He shuddered.
"My oldest brother gets angry a lot. I usually let him be when it happens. Just remember it's not your fault." You assured him.
"No... I think it is. He sure seemed to think it was."
The door opened beside you, releasing heat into the cold night.
"Jack? Jack?" Someone called.
"Sam?" You asked, recognizing the voice.
"Y/n!" He rounded the crates and spotted you with the boy.
"Hey, bro, how's it going?" You asked, standing and giving him a hug.
"Uh, good now, since you seemed to have found who I was looking for." He said, gesturing to the boy you were with.
"Oh yeah, he and I were just talking." You smiled at him.
"She's very nice." He told Sam.
"Yeah, she is. Jack, this is Y/n, my sister. Y/n, this is Jack, Kelly's son." Sam introduced you.
"Kelly Kline? He's that Jack?" You asked in astonishment.
"Are you afraid of me now?" Jack asked quietly.
"Oh god, no. You're just a lot different than I expected." You explained. "So what exactly is Jack here doing outside, in the cold, by himself?" You hissed.
"There was some fighting and Jack got upset and vanished." Sam told you.
"Was it Dean?" You sighed. He nodded in response. "That ass. You can't think too hard about what Dean says, Jack. His frustration turns into anger... and fear."
"What is he afraid of?" Jack questioned.
"He thinks it's his job to protect everybody and right now, he and Sam and now me, have to protect you. And protect people from you if it comes to that." You told him.
"Am I really worth this?" He asked, sounding defeated.
"Kelly thought so." Sam promised. "Cas thought so, I think so."
"I think so, too." You chimed in. "Now, c'mon, it's cold out here and I've been driving for 12 hours." You offered the nephilim your hand which he grabbed tightly, his hands surprisingly warm. You hauled him to his feet and walked with him to the door if the hotel. "It's usually at this point that you'd let go of my hand." You whispered to him.
"Sorry." He quickly released your hand and stuffed it in his pocket, earning a laugh from you.
"At least buy me dinner first." You teased, clapping him on the shoulder.
You jogged to the counter to get a room, leaving Sam to explain to Jack what you had meant.
"She was joking. Holding hands is kind of a romantic thing and it's something you after you get to know someone or- uh- get dinner with them." Sam awkwardly explained.
"Room for one night. Preferably close to them." You told the lady at the desk, nodding to Sam and Jack.
"Alright, just swipe your card." You pulled one of your fake credit cards out and swiped it on the machine.
"You're all set, Miss Smith, your room is 117, right down the hall, next to Mr. Seth." She nodded at Sam when she said that and handed you your room key.
"Thank you." You took the key and headed back to Sam and Jack.
"Y/n, would you like to have dinner with me?" Jack asked when he saw you arrive, interrupting what Sam was telling him.
"No, Jack, you don't date someone just for the sole purpose of holding their hand." Sam sighed.
"I would love to get dinner with you." You insisted.
"Can you not?" Sam groaned.
"Tomorrow sound good?" You continued, ignoring Sam.
"Yes." Jack said, smiling proudly.
"Ooh, I'm going on a date. Don't get too protective, Sammy." You teased.
"Just don't tell Dean." He begged as you walked down the hall.
You stopped into Sam's room real quick to grab a beer before going to your room.
"Yo! You didn't tell me Donatello was here! What's up, man?" You asked, giving the prophet a small hug.
"Oh, hello, Y/n. It's nice to see you." He greeted.
"Well, good talk, I'm going to take this beer and go to sleep. Bye, Donny. Bye, Sam. See ya, Jack." You left the room and entered your own, downing the rest of the beer and crashing onto your bed.
~~~
"Y/n, wake up!" Dean yelled, shaking you awake.
"The fuck do you want, Dean?" You asked sleepily, annoyed at being woken up.
"Jack is missing, c'mon."
You began moving quicker, shoving Dean out of the room and changing. You packed up your stuff, grabbed your gun and angel blade and bolted out the door. An angel blade flew passed your head, lodging in the neck of a demon.
After Dean retrieved his blade, you headed down to the cars, tossing the keys on the front desk as you went. Sam, Dean and Donatello piled into the Impala and you got on your bike, following them as Donatello delivered directions.
You eventually arrived at Jasper, Wyoming, a place you remember reading about in Dad's journal. It was right above where the shedim were trapped.
You rounded a corner and saw Jack in the distance, stand with someone who looked like Donatello. A fiery pit slowly grew between them, a clawed hand reaching out of it.
Once you got close enough, you brought your bike to a stop, threw your helmet to the side and raced towards Jack.
"Jack! Jack, that's not Donatello!" You yelled, hoping to draw his attention from the pit in front of him.
"Y/n?" He called out. You heard Sam, Dean and Donatello exit the car behind you.
"Ignore her, Jack! She doesn't care about you!" Fake Donatello insisted.
"I do care! Please, Jack, close the pit!"
"Jack, that's not Donatello!" Dean told him, coming up beside you.
Fake Donatello morphed before becoming someone else. He looked similar to Cain, but his hair was a healthy brown.
"Who-" you began to ask but you were cut off when the stranger raised a fist, making it so you were no longer able to breath.
"You're hurting them!" Jack yelled, the hole quickly closing.
You could see that Jack was angry by the way he held himself and the way the stranger looked on in fear. Before anything could happen, he disappeared, once again allowing you air.
"Are you okay, Y/n?" Jack asked, rushing towards you.
"Yeah, don't worry, Jack, I'm alright." You assured him.
"When did you two get all close?" Dean sneered, big brother mode turning on.
"Last night. We had a little chat about how you are when you're angry." You shrugged.
"When I'm- oh. Right, that." He sighed, turning and going back into the Impala, leaving the conversation at a standstill.
"I told you not to tell him." Sam sighed, going after his brother.
"Damn, if that's how he acts when we're just being friends, he's gonna flip his shit when he hears about our date." You laughed.
"Your date?" Donatello asked.
"We have a date tonight!" Jack told him happily.
"I see. You kids enjoy that." He muttered, heading for the Impala.
You followed him to the driver's seat and knocked on Dean's window. He rolled down the window, allowing you to talk.
"You take Donatello to get his car and I can take Jack straight back to the bunker.
Cool?" You asked.
"I guess..." He sighed.
You nodded and led Jack back to your bike while the boys took off. You searched through the attached truck until you pulled out a spare helmet and tossed it to Jack.
"What do I do with this?" He asked, spinning it around in his hands.
"Put it on your head, latch the clippy things and put down the visor so you don't get rocks in your eyes." You instructed.
He did as you said and you tightened the helmet for him.
"Now, I'm going to drive and you're going to put your hands around my waist and hold on tight." You said as you mounted the bike and started it.
"Aren't there supposed to be seatbelts?" He asked nervously.
You laughed. "Not on a motorcycle."
He got on behind you and laced his arms around your waist.
"Ready?" You asked him.
"I think so." He replied uncertainly.
You drove forward, following the trail the Impala has left behind. Jack yelled something behind which got caught in the wind.
You rode for four and a half hours with a few breaks to talk. It grew dark as you reached Denver, Colorado. Hunger reaching your mind, you scanned the surrounding restaurants, finally parking at one called Acorn.
"Ready for our first date?" You asked him, pulling off your helmet and fixing your hair.
"Yes, I am!" He exclaimed happily.
You chuckled and took his hand, guiding him into the building.
"Two, please." You told the hostess as you approached her.
"Right this way." She guided you.
"Ever been to a restaurant before, Jack?" You asked once you had been seated.
"I don't believe so." He replied after a moment of thinking.
"Okay, So first they're gonna ask what you want to drink. You've got all the alcoholic stuff here, but since you don't know what you like yet, I'd avoid that." You directed him.
A waitress approached your table, notepad in hand. "Hello, my name's Chrissy and I'll be your server today. Can I start y'all off with something to drink?" She asked.
"Yeah, I'll have a water." You told her.
"Me too. I'll also have a water." Jack said.
"I'll be right back, then." She said as she left.
"Alright, now you can look at the menu and see what you want to eat." You scanned through the options on your own menu. "Do you want to share the oak roasted chicken?" You asked, seeing the limited dinner options.
"Yes, that sounds good." He nodded in agreement.
Chrissy came back with your waters and you placed your orders. Throughout the rest of your dinner, you talked about anything and everything. You told him about your life, joining them after Adam and your mother had died, growing up on the road with no real friends except your brothers. You told him about Kelly and Cas and explained anything he asked. He didn't have much experience with the world, but he told you what he could. He talked about his powers and angel radio and what he wanted to see in the world.
After you had finished dinner and payed, you called Dean to tell him that you'd be staying at a motel tonight.
"Wait, with him?" He scoffed.
"I sure as hell ain't paying for two rooms." You replied.
"It can't be that far, can't you just hold out?" He begged.
"We're in Denver, Dean. It's another eight hours." You stressed.
"You left seven hours ago, what the hell are you still doing in Denver?"
"We stopped for dinner."
"For three hours."
"We did a lot of talking."
"We were on a date!" Jack exclaimed, hearing your conversation.
"What did he just say?" Dean growled.
"Hmm? I didn't hear anything. Oh, I've got to go. It's getting dark and I want to make sure we get into a good motel. Bye, Dean." You quickly ended the conversation and hung up.
"Sorry, I just got excited." Jack sighed.
"It's alright, Jack. Dean just doesn't like you very much and he's very protective of me." You explained.
"Oh, okay." He said awkwardly.
"Well, hop on, let's go find a place to sleep." You said, tossing Jack his helmet and getting on your bike.
After arriving at a nearby hotel and booking a room, you flopped down on the bed and kicked off your shoes, ready to sleep after the eventful day.
"Y/n, what happens after the date?" Jack curiously asked.
"Well, if the people like each other, they start dating and call each other boyfriend a girlfriend, generally." You explained.
"Then... can we start dating?" He asked shyly.
"If that's what you want."
"Yeah, I think I'd like that."
"Then, date we shall."