Dance With Me- Castiel x Reader

Reader gender- female
Warnings- swearing
A/n- my tumblr is SuperHamWriting if any of you want to check it out! And thank you so much for 150 views!

"Y/N!" Dean yelled, grabbing your attention from the book you were reading.
"Huh? What?" You asked.
"Jesus Christ, I've been trying to get your attention for forever!" He groaned.
"Oh, sorry, it's uh, it's a really good book." You said, rubbing the back of your neck in embarrassment.
"Yeah, whatever. So there's this high and mighty vamp family in Missouri that likes to throw balls every month or so and kill off some of the people there. Sam and I have a bunch of missing persons reports down in Arizona so we're heading down there. You think you and Cas can handle it?" He asked.
"Yeah, sure. Email me details, I'll go pack up." You stood, grabbing your book and heading down the bunker hallway to your room.
"Yo, Cas!" You yelled, pausing in front of his room.
"Yes, Y/N?" He looked up from a book he was reading.
"So, we're heading up to Missouri to take down a vamp nest. You're gonna need, like, a tux or something."
"Would one of my FBI suits be appropriate?" He asked.
"Not really. You know what? Come with me, we're going shopping."
He stood and followed you to the living room where you slipped on a pair of shoes, grabbed your car keys and hopped into your car, Castiel in tow.
"So, what do we need a tuxedo for?" Cas asked on the ride to the mall.
"The vamp family we're hunting has these balls where they kill their vics so we're going to one of those. Dean made us reservations under Mr and Mrs Novak. Which reminds me-" you groaned, "we have to get some cheap rings."
"Oh. I see." He said quietly.
"Something wrong?" You asked. "Is it with us going as a married couple? Sorry, we probably should have asked you first."
"No, it's not that, I understand it's just for business. It's, umm," he trailed off.
"What?" You asked as you pulled into the mall parking lot.
You locked the doors before he could leave and avoid your question.
"Seriously, Cas, what is it?"
"I, umm, I don't know how to dance." He admitted shyly.
You promptly laughed out loud upon hearing his confession.
"Oh my god!" You laughed.
"Y/N, please, it's really not that funny." He sighed.
"You're telling me," you laughed as you unlocked the doors and got out, "you're telling me, that you've been around for, like, millennia and you don't know how to dance."
"I've never needed the knowledge." He shrugged.
"Don't worry about it, Cassie. I'll teach you."
With that promise, you two walked into the mall, heading for the Men's Wearhouse.
"Everything here basically looks the same so go nuts." You said, gesturing to the store lined with black suits.
It didn't take long for him to pick out a tux that fits him, as well as a pale blue tie. After paying, you two walked a ways through the mall before coming across a Nordstrom.
You sighed among seeing the many racks of dresses in the store. "I hate dress shopping." You groaned.
Cas trailed you like a lost puppy as you fumbled through the clearance racks, looking for something appropriate. You darted around, grabbing anything that caught your eye. When you had collected a assortment of different dresses, you sat Cas down in front of the dressing rooms and went to try on the first one.
The first was a teal dress that flared out significantly at the bottom. The top was all lacy and the sleeves came down to your elbows. It was tied with a pink bow around the waist. You decided that while it was nice, it wasn't moveable enough for vamp killing.
The next had a long red skirt with a cream top that had rose patterns on it. It was gorgeous, but squeezed your chest so much it felt like you would pass out.
Another was a red satin dress. A jewel encrusted belt lay at your waist with the top of the dress wrapping around your chest. However, with the straps looping around your arms, you could hardly raise a finger.
Narrowing down to your last few dresses, you pulled on a pale blue one that flared out and ruffled at the bottom. It was strapless and hugged your chest tightly with jewels lining the top of the dress and the waist. The skirt was big enough that you could run in it and there wasn't any ribbons or loops to get in your way.
"What do you think?" You asked Cas as you exited the dressing room.
"Beautiful." He breathed before raising his voice, "I- um- the dress I mean. The dress is beautiful. Not that you aren't beautiful, you're just always beautiful and the dress, it just enhances... your...  beauty." He rushed awkwardly.
"I guess we'll take it then." You laughed, walking back to change into your regular flannel and jeans.
Coming out, you saved the blue dress and deposited the others on the rack and walked with Cas to cashier.
"Okay so we'll stop by a jewelry store and get some plain bands- 200 dollars? Jesus Christ, okay.- and I have a ring at home I can use for an engagement ring. Shoes: I've got some boots I can use and I'm sure Dean has some dress shoes you can- Cas? Are you okay?" When you looked over at the angel you saw that his cheeks had donned a bright red.
"Your, uh, your shirt isn't buttoned very far." He mumbled.
You looked down at your flannel which you had only buttoned half of the way, leaving the valley of your bra exposed.
"Oh, sorry," you said, buttoning it up, "I guess I kind of rushed."
"Mm-hm." He hummed, a blush still gracing his face.
"Has anyone ever told you, you get flustered very easily?" You laughed.
"It's been mentioned a few times." He admitted.
After you had purchased some plain, silver bands, you hauled your purchases to the car and made your way back to the bunker.
After you dropped off your stuff at your rooms, you searched around and found a large, empty room that you and Cas could practice in.
"Okay, so, when you waltz, you count in threes. There'll be two counts of three in one movement, okay?" You explained.
"Alright." He nodded in understanding.
"So, when we're at the ball, you'll be the one leading because it's customary for men to lead. So, I'll help you through the lead steps. So the leading person takes their partner's hand in their left hand and puts their right hand on their partner's shoulder. The following person puts their left hand on the leaders waist." You did things as you said them, lacing your hand with his and guiding his hand to your shoulder.
"We bring our elbows to shoulder height," you raised your elbow and he did the same, "and you stand with a straight back and loose knees."
"So you, the leader, will start with your left foot touching my right foot." You pushed your right foot to his left foot. "You'll step forward with your left foot as I step back with my right."
You followed his hesitant step forward with a step backward.
"Relax, Cas, it's a very flowy dance. So, now you're gonna step diagonally with your right foot, I'll do the same with my left foot."
You guided him through the rest of the movements: step together, forward right, diagonal left, step together, repeat. After going through the dance a few times, with him stepping sparingly on your feet, you decided he was ready.
Grabbing your phone, you played one of your favorite classical pieces. You laced your hand with his and placed your hand on his shoulder.
You two gracefully waltzed around the room, lost in the music. When the song had finally cut off, you ended your dance.
"Well, I think you're all set. Let's go to Missouri."
___