Crazy day

Nyla pov

I got out of my bed and made my way to my bathroom which was connected to my room. I studied myself in the mirror and brushed my teeth. I put on my outfit for the day and took my hair out it's ponytail. I looked at the clock and sighed. "Momma needs to wake up!"
I whispered to myself .

I walked to momma and daddy door and knocked. There was no answer so weird noises . I knocked again and momma opened it with tears in her eyes.

"You ok momma?"

"Yes princess."

"Why were you yelling at daddy!"

"I wasn't princess, we were playing a game."

Momma faced daddy who was laying on the bed covering his face. I looked at momma and pointed to my hair then my invisible watch. She smiled and walked to the bathroom . I followed her while looking at the mess that was one the floor. There was shattered glass, the lamp was on the floor, and a little blood spot on the sheet. When I reached the bathroom momma had my hair stuff sitting out. She placed my hair in a bun and put a pink bow in front.

She walked down stairs without saying a word with daddy still on the bed. I walked over to him and smiled.

"Good morning daddy!"

"Good morning baby girl."

"Is mommy ok?"

"Yea princess Mommy ok."

"Are you ok daddy"

"Yea daddy's ok."

He slightly smiled and looked at me. I smiled hard and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Nyla, Malachi, come eat so we can go!"

I ran downstairs and faced a strawberry pop tart and orange juice on the table. I smiled big and looked at mommy who was filling all of our lunch boxes. She placed the sandwiches in the plastic Wrap tightly so it wouldn't spill out.

When I finished, I put my trash in the trash can and went into the mud room and grabbed my backpack. Mommy sighed as she walked into the garage letting it up as she passed the button. She started the car when she got in and backed up onto the street. The car ride was silent. There wasn't any music just signals for when we turned. Malachi was looking out the window as he always did and studied the cars we passed.

Later that day at school, it was lunch time and I really didn't feel like being bothered . All that was on my mind was seeing my parents room a mess and mommy not talking or responding with short answers. As I took out my sandwich, Kelsey, my friend , tapped me on my shoulder.

"You ok Ny?"

"Yea I'm fine . Im just hungry." I responded with a fake smile.

Later that night, Malachi was watching tv on the couch with daddy . Mommy and I were making dinner as usual. Mommy seemed happier now , so I was happy. I took the cut up tomatoes and put them into the pot along with the noodles and cheese. This was a crazy long day .