Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

A smile spread across her face, for the first time in life, she felt good praising Conner.

"That's terrific. Also, one more thing before you hang up on me" He laughed, making her blush. God, his laugh was so beauiful.

"Sure?"

"Will you go out for a cup of coffee with me this sunday?"

_________________________________________

The rest of the week passed rather quickly for Sophia. She had tons of files to complete and that sick good for nothing secretary of hers was just testing her.

Fuming, she picked up her receiver, "Hello?" She snapped. She was sitting in her office on a Saturday afternoon trying to finish as much as work she could do but Shery  just had to bring in the wrong file EVERY. TIME.

"What?" Shery  snapped. On the other hand, Sophia could clearly hear the moaning of not one but two people. What the hell does she think she is doing!

"In my office. NOW!"  she slammed the receiver on her table, god was she angry. This was the fifth day today that Shery  had brought in the wrong file and instead of apologizing she just whipped her hair and walked out of the cabin. On the other hand, she was always in the cabin of that financial guy, or he was in her cabin. They had no chill.

Suddenly the door slammed open and Sophia looked up from her laptop. "What. What do you want this time? My soul?" Shery screeched with her high pitched voice, clearly annoying the hell out of Sophia. She held up her hand and motioned for her to sit. Shery rolled her eyes but then, sat on the chair never the less.

"Do you know why have I called you here?" She started slowly, her anger was now touching peaks but she didn't want to let it all out in the old lady. Not yet.

"Like I said, you want my soul" Shery smirked in triumph. She just loved annoying Sophia.

"No, I want you to bring me the correct file. But now I understand,"

"Understand what?" She asked. Sophia was a woman who was is clearly like a sleeping volcano, she may look calm beautiful and shit but if she wants, she can destroy anything in her path.

"The reason of you not being able to bring in the correct file. It's because  your age is finally catching up to you" Sophia let out a fake sad smile,"You're going blind old lady. Oh sorry I mean you're eye sight is getting weak. How about you take the rest of the day off and go see a doctor? Or with that ugly amount of make up you use on your old face, a plastic surgeon will surely help."

"How dare you!"

"Calm down old lady, I don't want you dying of a heartattack in my office."

"You bitch-"

"I'm still your senior in this office, oh and also, before you fuck that financial guy in this office again, I have a little surprise for you" Sophia slowly turned her laptop around so it could face Shery.

What she saw the next moment, she almost died. Sophia had a video of Shery fucking that man in his office. The whole damn thing was captured. But how? How did this Sophia get such a video? And she clearly didn't see and cameras in the room, did she spy? Did she install a hidden camera? But what if the camera was already there and she failed to see it? What if Sophia revealed this to Conner? He will kick her out of the office and Salvador will have her head. Oh god this wasn't good, what the hell was she supposed to do now? The thought of going back to that prison made her sick to her stomach. No, she won't go back, not until she has her revenge from the Manhattans. She had to do something, act innocent and maybe apologise?  Yes, that was the only option.
"I'm sorry, t-this is I don't know, I-I.."