SEVEN

Third Person Point of View

"You're the most amazing person I have ever met in my entire life!" Timber yells out to Lance.

They were currently standing on a bridge that had locks lined along the side. The promises. Some locks were huge; as big as a hand. And some locks were some, the size of an eraser not attached to a pencil. It would be assumed that the bigger the lock is, the more promises it held. But here, size didn't matter.

Lance stood with a silver lock that had "L+T" engraved into it. The key was already in it's place inside the lock, the color being a bright purple.

"Let's make a promise," Lance says, getting closer to Timber.

Timber is practically shaking with excitement. She had always read books about doing this, and it has always been on her bucket list.

"What promise should we make?" she asks, looking into Lance's emerald eyes that were staring down at her, a few creases in the corners to indicate that his smile reached his eyes.

"No matter what, and I mean anything, we will always be there for each other," he mutters to her quietly, but since they were so close, she could hear him loud and clear. His eyes turn serious, any hint of a smile as he stares into Timber's naturally wide eyes, her pupils almost completely taking over the color of the irises.

"And no matter what, we will always be friends," Timber adds on, keeping her voice at the same level as Lance's.

Lance and Timber hook on the lock together. She grabs the key in her hand while Lance grabs her hand. They both move to the rail and drop the key in together. He had a sudden urge to kiss her; the moment being perfect to do so.

"You are the cutest couple I've seen up here," an old couple sitting on a nearby bench tells them.

Timber blushes, the pink color adding to her rosy and freckled complexion. She shakes her head while Lance watches her. She tries, and fails, to tell the couple they weren't a couple, and Lance's squinted eyes distract her as a small smile appears across his mouth.

"She's a different girl, that's for sure. Maybe being in a new city will help her open her eyes to more," Lance admits, grabbing onto Timber's hand.

Timber caught the meaning behind what he had said. What does he mean by open her eyes to more? Was she missing something important?

"Thanks, I think?" Timber stutters, her rosy cheeks now a dark red. With her light red hair and the even darker cheeks, her gray eyes seemed to brighten.

"No problem, sweetie," the old lady says with a smile.

"It was nice meeting you two. We've got to go and find our hotel. Just got here today and the first thing I did was bring her here. I wish you both the best of luck in your travels." Lance gives a small, polite smile while Timber watched and nodded along with him.

Now Timber was watching closely. She wanted to know what he meant and she hoped her brain would help her figure it out.

Lance watches Timber from behind as she skips ahead. She looked perfect in Paris. It was like it was meant for her. Her red curls bounce as she jumped with glee at any sight she was excited to see. Her rosy cheeks were always flustered with color, the freckles almost gone from the amount of color.

Neither of them could argue about the trip as they walked towards the hotel. Timber was singing a random song that was stuck in her head while Lance quietly hums along. They hold hands and enter the hotel as a couple, yet Timber couldn't see that. It was only in Lance's imagination.