THREE

Timber's Point of View

By lunch, I had girls running up to me, asking questions about my dear old friend Lance. So far, I've been saved by Lance from the questioning girls, but since I couldn't find him I was trapped.

"Are you guys dating?"

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

"How long have you guys known each other?"

My eyes widen, the attention making me nervous. I slowly start breathing heavily, my breaths coming in quicker as panic starts to set in. My vision is sparkled with black and white dots, causing me to be dizzy.

The big group of girls around me gasped as I felt someone lift me up bridal style. By the time my carrier started walking, my body was shaking violently.

"Timber, are you okay?" I hear a deep voice ask.

I slowly open one eye and peek around to see Lance and the nurse, Miss Nicole, standing above me.

"Oh joy! She's awake," Miss Nicole yells out.

"What happened, Tibby?" Lance questions, looking at me with wide eyes.

"I had a panic attack from all the attention those girls were giving me. You were always there to save me, Lance. Where were you?" I ask, looking over at him with sad eyes.

"I got let out late. Stupid chemistry," Lance mumbles.

Miss Nicole sat there, looking as if she was watching a tennis match.

"Look, I know you might be mad at me, but Miss Nicole has allowed me to take you home for the day," Lance tries.

Miss Nicole starts nodding her head, making her long brown hair bounce in the curls they were always in. Her already wide hazel, almost yellow, eyes are growing wider as if she was coming to a realization.

"Thank you so much!" I yell out, hugging Miss Nicole.

I had a very close relationship with Miss Nicole. Often coming to the nurse's office to take off my brace, or having a panic attack. She isn't old for a nurse but actually very young. She had once told me she hasn't even turned thirty yet. Miss Nicole and I always talk about everything and anything.

"I'll see you tomorrow. A few words need to be said," she says with a smile and a quick rise and fall of her eyebrows.

I laugh and nod my head then hug her goodbye. Lance then takes me outside and we drive home.

Lance sits on my bed, pulling out his homework while I swing myself in my dark red desk chair.

"How come we never go to your house?" I ask, thinking about it more than I was paying attention to my homework.

"Your parents are never home, so it's more peaceful," Lance explains.

"True, true."

After our homework was finished, Lance and I moved to my living room. Lance helps me get my brace off since I was too lazy to do it myself. He keeps glancing at me, giving me a looking I couldn't decipher. My legs were swung across his lap and he massages my feet while we watch a completely random movies. I give him a questioning gaze as he continues to glance at me.

"Are you okay?" I ask Lance quietly. I swing my legs off his lap and sit next to him. "You can tell me what's bothering you, because obviously something is."

"It's nothing," Lance mutters, avoiding any eye contact with me as his teeth lightly rip at his bottom lip.

"You're lying," I state.

"No."

"I have my ways and I know you're lying. Tell me the truth before I share to the school about how-"

"Okay! Fine, I'll tell you." Lance interrups before I can finish my sentence. "This is all hypothetical, okay?" Lance asks, so I nod my head in response. "So, say there's this girl I like. She's smart, funny, weird and not to mention, beautiful. We have a great friendship, I know everything about her, But I don't want to ruin it by telling her how I feel. What should I do?"

My blueish-gray eyes widen as I realize this is about a girl. I've never been good in relationships because I've never had a boyfriend. But I am great at giving advice.

"Well, I think you should show her that you like her and if she shows emotion back, then you should risk it," I explain to him.

Lance looks up at me, his face amazed. "Tell me, how is it you're great at giving advice, yet, I've never, in all my years of being your friend, seen you have a boyfriend?"

"Trust me, I wonder the same thing," I reply with a goofy smile on my face.

"You can lay down again, I feel better now," Lance says, his smile growing.

I lay my head down on his lap, stretching my legs out behind me. We both turn back to watching the T.V. Lance strokes my hair, and it's one of the most calming feelings in the world. I slowly feels my breaths get steadier, and next thing I know, I'm asleep.