FIVE

Lance's Point of View

"I would love to, but I have no one to bring with me," Timber says quietly, looking down at the floor.

This was my chance, I could finally start something like I wanted. "I could go with you, Black. I am your best friend after all."

Mr. Black's eyebrow rises at my choice of name, but he doesn't make a sound to question it.

"Well, Milten, I'll start packing when you do," Timber says, smiling.

Mr. Black claps his hands together. "It's settled then. The trip is three weeks long, we are going to Paris, and we are leaving in three days," he finishes, walking back to the door. "I'll be back in three days, have fun packing."

Timber and I stand there staring at each other. In a split second, we are both climbing the stairs at full speed. I stay behind Timber just in case she trips or falls from her clumsiness. She easily tripped three times on the 13 step staircase. I caught her all three times.

"You are the clumsiest person I've ever laid eyes on," I mutter as she falls on the floor. There was nothing she could trip on except air.

"The air doesn't like me, okay? It's been attacking me!" Timber yells, throwing her arms up in the air. She ends up gracefully hitting her hand on the wall and crying out in pain.

I start chuckling as she pouts, holding her hand that she mutters was numb.

"Are you done packing?" I yell at Timber through the window.

"Yeah! Are you?" she yells back, throwing a single suitcase on her bed.

"Yep. We leave tomorrow, you know?" I say, appearing in my window.

"Yes, I do. I'm so excited!" Timber exclaims, leaning against her window frame.

"I've been to Paris before, I'll be able to show you all the pretty sights."

I wouldn't have to go anywhere for a pretty sight as long as I had her by my side. Her red curly hair was everywhere as she smiled at me across the empty space. Her gray eyes were shining brightly as the charm bracelet on her wrist was being twisted and pinched by her small fingers. There was nothing about her that I wouldn't call perfect.