At one point she had been so worried she would never get a chance to kiss him again that each one was a luxury.

       When Elora finally pulled away, she rested her forehead against his, holding his face lovingly. "I should really go."

       "I know," he quietly replied. "I need to go, too."

       "Talk tonight, though, okay?" El got off his lap, still falling short in height when Isaac stood, too. "There's some things I need to catch you up on."

       "Are you sure everything's all right?" he asked, a hand reaching for hers without hesitation. "We can stay, you know."

       "No, no it can wait," assured El, squeezing his hand. "Scott and Charlie brought the cars, right?"

       "Yeah, they're both outside. Keys on the entryway table."

       "Perfect." El went up on her toes, kissing Isaac one more time before grabbing the briefcase at the edge of the dresser. "Let's go before either of us gets in trouble."

       "Oh please," said Isaac with a light laugh as he followed Elora out of the bedroom and downstairs. "You'll just spell it away if anyone tries to get you in trouble for missing out on work."

       "Hey, I've got a valid excuse," defended El as she reached the 1st floor landing.

       "Mhm, and how is everyone playing off the fact you lost a leg yesterday?"

       Elora tossed the keys of her old car to Isaac before taking the ones to the camaro. "There's a reason my parents haven't been hovering over me this morning. Anyone who isn't in on the loop will think that I got the bomb out and far enough away that I only had injuries so minor I could be discharged from the hospital less than twenty-four hours after the explosion."

       Isaac only shook his head, "You guys really think of everything." He pulled open the front door after grabbing his backpack from against the table, motioning out for her to go first.

       "Because we have to," replied Elora, thick heels barely making a sound on the pavement.

       Without keys in either, both black cars were running in the driveway, awaiting the duo with different destinations in mind.

       Isaac sighed as he waited with Elora as she opened her driver's door and put her briefcase in. "You're sure about this? Going back to work so soon?"

       "I'm absolutely sure," she replied, setting an arm on the top of her open door. "In fact, I'm so sure that I'm gonna leave now and get there a whole five minutes early."

       "Smart ass," muttered Isaac, kissing her before backing off from the camaro. "You'll call me if there's anything, though, right?"

       "You'll be the first one I call for anything, Lahey. You know that."

       "I love you," Isaac called, opening the driver's door and tossing his backpack inside.

       El grinned, "I love you more."

       She was in the car before he could fight back, the werewolf left standing with a dumb grin as Elora drove off toward Eichen House.

       The trek to Eichen was fairly well known, El barely needing to think about where she was going. It was a smooth, no-stop drive out to the edge of Beacon Hills where the institution sat. 

       As the camaro pulled into the faculty parking lot of Eichen House, El winced slightly as another car shotgunned by, a bright flash of light crossing her vision.