05.

xx

Elora sat on the sofa next to Derek, her feet propped on his lap as they each read their own books. They were always the closest and in a time of need, Elora and Derek served as a layer of comfort.

"Like no time has passed at all." Peter's voice filtered in to the room, the panel door revealing their uncle. "So sweet."

Elora kept her eyes on her book but snapped her fingers, an orange package vanishing from the coffee table.

Peter made a pleased noise, a Reese's appearing in his hand. "It's good to know you remember your uncle so well."

"I remember you always stealing mine," Elora flatly said, glancing from her copy of The Hobbit in French.

"Fair enough," Peter said, walking into the loft as he unwrapped the peanut butter cups. "By the way, Teen Wolf and his side kick are here." He walked past his niece and nephew, sitting on a step of the winding staircase to the roof.

Elora moved her legs, sitting up so Derek could get off the couch. Although Derek put down his book, she hung around trying to finish her page.

"Did you bring them?" Derek asked, Scott and Stiles surfacing.

"Yep." Stiles wiggled papers he brought, "Got info from my dad, too."

"Where's Isaac?" Scott asked, glancing around.

"Upstairs sleeping," El said without moving her eyes from her pages. "He needed rest after what he went through."

With the light coming in from the windows getting darker, Derek flicked on the lamp on the table.

Elora set down her book, getting off the sofa as the teens set out their pages.

Stiles placed down a map, standing across from where Elora took a spot. "Okay. You see this?" He used a red pen to point on the layout of the bank. "This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioninng vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here." He circled the vault's location. "Okay?"

"One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took his about 12 hours to drill into the wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom."

This was definitely a sheriff's kid.

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked, doubting his size.

"Yes we can, but very, very barely," Stiles confirmed. "And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit-"

"Look, forget the drill," Derek interrupted, a better idea in mind.

"Sorry?"

"If I go in first, how much space do I have?"

Stiles looked over to Scott breifly before returning to Derek. "What do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?"

Derek crossed his arms, annoyance in his eyes. "Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall."

"Okay, big guy." Stiles said, cockily, "Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, 'ol fist. Make it, come on."

Elora had to cover her mouth, biting her lip as she watched Derek actually do it.

       "Big bad wolf. Yeah, look at that." He took his wrist, "Okay, see this?" Holding his hand up to Derek, he went on. "That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid-"