Chapter 2

(A/N: The girl in the above image is what I think Ariel looks like but the photo would be her around age 14, she is 11 in this story)

Draco Malfoy POV:
Draco silently began to prepare the tea. Not one word had been said since Harry had excused himself to find their shirts and it did not seem like a word would be spoken until he returned. The only sounds filling the awkward silence was the sounds of the water in the kettle beginning to boil and the mugs clanking together as he removed four from the cabinet. He could feel Dudley's almost worrisome gaze upon his back along with Ariel's curious one. Suddenly the little redhead spoke, breaking the silence.
"Why aren't you wearing a shirt? It's not hot outside or inside." Turning around with what was probably a horrified expression he looked between the girl and her father, the latter trying to hide what was a cross between a smile and a grimace.
"Um." Draco began, unsure of where his sentence was going. Fortunately, he would never have to find out because Harry had chosen this moment to return, a half smirk on his face as he stared at his fiancées horrified expression and told the girl they had been exercising before she and her father had been unexpectedly showed up. Draco snorted at Harry's half truth. The truth was Draco had been sleeping until Harry had woken him up with kisses trailing from his forehead then down his stomach. Draco had then been flipping Harry over to return the favour when the doorbell rang and Draco had given Harry a look that had clearly said wait there while he dealt with the door. But when he hadn't returned, Harry had come after him and found him at the door with his cousin.
Draco slide on the red t-shirt Harry had tossed him rolling his eyes at Harry in *Dracos* green shirt while Harry smirked at the red one he was wearing. Rolling his eyes, Draco turned away to pour the hot water into the mugs, keeping a green one for himself, handing a red one to Harry and his cousin and the other green one to Ariel. She quietly began to sip her tea looking up at the adults, most of whom were frowning at her while her Dad just looked worried. Harry cleared his throat while grabbing Draco's hand under the table, out of the sight of their guests.
"So, Dudley. What are you doing here? I haven't seen or heard from you in almost 6 years." Harry asked. Dudley looked torn before wordlessly handing over an envelope to Harry. He took it curiously and began to read, his brows furrowing. Draco watched the little girl as Harry read. She had thick auburn hair that went halfway down her back and bright brown eyes. Draco supposed she wasn't that little as she must have been 11 or 12 years old. Her eyes darted around, observing her surroundings. When she thought no one was looking, she raised her index finger, biting her lip in concentration, she looked sugar at the bowl in front of her and began to float two sugar cubes from the bowl into her tea. Draco's eyes widened but he otherwise he kept his face relaxed and natural. Satisfied, she began to stir her tea. Harry silently handed the parchment to Draco, before looking curiously on at the girl. Taking the parchment his eyes began to skim across the page. As soon as he saw the Hogwarts emblem at the top of the page, all the pieces began to fall into place. The widowed muggle cousin, the famous magical Uncle, the sugar cubes. He quickly skimmed the parchment before slowly putting it down on the well worn tabletop.
"This is only half an answer Dudley. What, exactly, are you doing here?" Harry spoke, his hand tightening around Draco's as he kept his expression calm and relaxed.
"Well you see, um. I know we were, I was, pretty horrible to you growing up and I'm sorry for that, I truly am. But I need your help. I have no idea what to do about," Dudley waved the letter in defeat, "about all of this." Dudley sighed, putting the letter down and looking at his daughter. Sensing Harry's reluctance and confusion, Draco spoke.
"What exactly do you want us to do, Dudley?" Draco drawled, keeping his face in the mask he had worn for so many years.
"I was wondering, um, if you could help us get adjusted to this," Dudley stated, eyes downcast at the envelope in this hand.
"You mean like showing you how to get to Diagon Alley, where to purchase school supplies and robes, things such as those?" Draco asked. Dudley nodded in confirmation.
"I suppose we could do that, right Dray?" Harry put in, looking to Draco for confirmation that he was in fact, doing the right thing. Draco sighed inwardly but nodded. Harry had a huge heart and he would do anything for anyone, especially a child. If Draco had it his way, he would have kicked Dudley's arse to the curb for what he and his parents had done to Harry. They hadn't talked much about it but one day, a couple of years ago, when Draco had asked why his then boyfriend, always went to the Weasleys for holidays and never to his muggle family. Harry had simply mentioned he did not have good memories there and that they did not get along, before alluding to the cupboard under the stairs and the bars on the window. Which had led to him laughing as he recalled the time, 3 underage wizards had drove a flying car cross country in the middle of the night, to break him out. Draco had laughed but his mind had dwindled upon the fact that, in all sense of the word, Harry had been completely and totally neglected as a child, and it had gotten worse when he was accepted to Hogwarts. As his attention returned to Dudley and Ariel, his grip on Harry's hand tightened his face almost draining of the little colour he had. Sensing what Draco was thinking about, Harry murmured, quietly enough the quests couldn't hear, that it was alright. It took one look at Harry to calm down, sensing how much his fiancee had honestly moved past it. Dudley suddenly stood up, looking at his watch.
"Would you look at the time! We must be on our way but thank you so much for your help. I'll call you later this week to arrange a meeting?" Dudley implored.
"Of course Dudley." Harry responded. "It was good to see you again Ariel."
"You too Uncle Harry! And it was nice to meet you Mr. Draco." Ariel declared, a small smile on her face. As they turned towards the door, Draco suddenly burst out,
"Wait, Ariel!"
"Yes?"
"Call me Uncle Draco." The girl's smile grew.
"Bye Uncle Draco and Uncle Harry!" she called, skipping down the sidewalk towards where her Dad waited by the car.
Harry smiled, looking at Draco. "You sure about that, Malfoy?" he teased.
"Positive." Draco responded, deadly serious. They stepped back over the threshold of the modest flat. Harry gave Draco a look, silently asking if he wanted to continue what they had started earlier. Draco responded with a smirk, before pulling off the stupid red t-shirt and pulling Harry towards their bedroom.