Chapter 3- A new partner

"Honey, Wake up!" I heard my mom calling from downstairs. I opened my eyes then glanced at my alarm clock.

6:09 a.m.

"I'm up!" I shouted back. I got my feet off my bed and stood up. I took off all my clothes and took a long nice shower. After a few minutes. I got out of the shower and took notice of the time..

6:27 a.m.

I guess my long shower took longer than expected. I then dove in my closet and searched for clothes I could wear while putting on my undergarments. I spotted a plain white t-shirt and got it on me. I looked for some jeans I could wear and finally saw this dark washed blue jeans I got last month then wore it. I went down to eat breakfast. As I made my way down, I saw my mom on the phone with someone. She looked at me then pointed towards the kitchen. I went in the kitchen and saw homemade pizza. "Wow."  I said to myself. I looked at my mom with a puzzled expression on my face, she just smiled at me. My mom only cooks when a visitor is coming over. I was guessing she was in a good mood then? I started to dig in the pizza and ate slowly. "Wow. This is amazing mom." I told her. I waited for her to respond, but she didn't. I looked at her and noticed she was gone. I sighed. I suddenly did not have the appetite to eat anymore. I looked at my phone and noticed the time..

7:13 a.m.

It was too early. I went up to put on my gray converse. I went down and took the car keys and decided to go to school early today and stay in the library for a while.

***

It was really quiet in the library, there were only about 6 people in it including me. It kinda wanna made me sleep again.

After spending nine and a half minutes in the library, I decided to go to my locker. I grabbed a few books to get ready for my first period class which was English. I closed my locker and found Nate standing beside me leaning on the lockers beside him. I dont know why but, I kinda blushed. He grinned at me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Nothin, I just thought I could walk you to your next class." He said as if we were close friends.

I took it gladly though and

smiled at him. As we were walking, I looked at him and noticed that he had nice hazel brown eyes. Then he looked at me. I think he caught me looking at him. I suddenly looked away and down the cold tile floor. I looked at him one more time then I saw him smirking. I suddenly felt my face get even hotter.

"So.." he started. "I will see you later, lab partner." He said as he nudged my arm. I just gave him a weak smile then walked in my classroom. I sat there for a couple of seconds and thought to myself, Why was he acting like that? I never had anyone close to me before. Maybe he was getting close to me for a project or something? Or maybe he is gonna let me do all the work at our chemestry class? Maybe... But, from stories I heard, he was not like that.

"Okay class I want you all to welcome Mr. James Miller." Mr. Brown said as he was pointing towards the door. We all looked at him with surprised looks on our faces. "He will be joinin the class for the rest of the year, Please take a seat." Mr. Brown finished. I looked around and saw that the only available seat was next to me. I started to panic and look away. Oh no! I cant face him after what happened yesterday.

Breathe Breathe Keep Calm

I faced front the whole time when Mr. Brown started to talk about our Essay to be passed on Thursday. "Ms. Banks, Since Mr. Miller has no partner and neither do you, I will put both of you as partners."

WHAT?! OH NO! PLEASE DONT!

I took a quick glance at him and he was just flirting with the cheerleader beside him. "Am I clear Mr. Miller?" Says our teacher.

"What?" James asked as he looked back at Mr. Brown.

"Just ask Ms. Banks, Now everyone get started!" Mr. Brown said pointing at me.

The player looked at me smirking. I just sat there and gathered all my courage to say, "Umm.. We will be working as a pair to write a three page essay about chapter two of our text books." Then I looked down at the floor. "I already started to work on the fir-" He cuts me off with saying, "Hey you were that Band-Aid girl yesterday, Right?" He said as another smirk forms his face. And for the second time today, I felt my face slightly turned pink. Is he gonna kill me? Is he gonna hurt me or anything? Oh please no.

"Uh.. Umm..I..am...Uh"

What are you doing?!

"You okay?.. You look like you are about to pass out." he chuckled."Anyways, You are?" he asked.

"Heather."

"Oh, Okay. You probably already know who I am."

"Umm.."

"Oh, Right. You are a nerd with no social life, You probably dont know who I am." he said mocking me. My jaw actually dropped at what he just said.

"The name is James."

Jerk.

I clenched my jaw and handed him the essay I started on. "Here." I said. I suddenly heard the bell ring and quickly got out of the room towards my locker.

I got the things I needed and went to my drama class. As I was walking there, I bumped into someone and that caused my books to drop. "Oh sorry." I said as I looked up to see Chloe standing up infront of me with a couple of girls beside her wearing their cheerleading uniform.

"Watch it nerd!"

"Sorry." I replied as I picked up my papers. As I was about to pick up the last piece of paper, I noticed someone stepping on it with perfect pedicures wearing high black wedged shoes.

"Umm.. excuse me.. you..your ..steping on m..my paper."

"Oh, this?" She said as she picked it up and slowly ripped it to pieces. "Oopps" she said mocking me. I looked around me and saw that a crowd of people were around us.

"What is going on here?" I heard a familiar voice coming from my back. I turned around and saw Nate heading towards me.

This was what I came up with. I hope you all liked it though. Please Share your thoughts!... vote/comment/follow!

~Cameia :)