Chapter 2 - Meeting the Playboy

It took me a few seconds to realize that we were inside a janitors closet. "Umm.. I have to get to class." I mumbled. I looked at him and saw his lower lip still bleeding. I cant believe I am in a closet with James Miller He is the school's "Playboy". he dated almost every single girl in the cheerleading team, Including Chloe, and a couple from the volleyball team. He has bright brown eyes, the perfect nose, well built body and his hair has a dark black color which was now all messy. "Listen to me. You will not tell anyone what you saw a few minutes ago, You Understand?" he told me. It sounded like a threat though. But I was too shocked to process things in my head, So I just nodded. "Good. You may go now." he told me. I nooded then got out of the room. I realized that he still had a busted lip. I reached into my bag and got a band-aid out. I turned around and saw that he got out of the room. I looked at him for a few more seconds. "What?" He asked. I looked down the floor then handed him the band-aid then walked away. I sighed. Suddenly the bell rang then students started coming out from different classrooms. That is when I realized that second period was over..

Wait. What?!  I missed second period!

I sighed in frustration. But anyways, it was lunch time and I had an hour and a half to myself. Since it was my first day, I decided to eat out. I went out the school and got in my car. I had set an alarm to my phone so that I can keep track of the time. I took a few seconds to think where I wanted to eat. I ended up eating at a burger restaurant downtown called "The Burger Place."  When the diner got into view, I parked my car then got out. When I got inside I saw a few people eating inside. I took a spot next to the window then called the attention of the waitress. "I'll have the burger bundle please with a Diet soda." She smiled at me then left. I took out my English textbook then started to read chapter two since we had to write an essay about it. A few minutes later, the waitress came back with my meal. "Here you go sweetheart. Enjoy!" she said as she set down my meal. "Thanks, Sarah." I said looking at her name tag. She smiled at

me then left. I started to dig in my burger while reading. I took a sip of my Diet Soda. "Excuse me, Miss?" I looked up and saw a guy holding a pen in his hand. "Is this yours?" he asked holding the pen out. I looked at the pen and noticed that I had my name on it. "Oh, thanks" I said as I took the pen. He smiled at me then walked away. I felt a buzz in my pocket then I realized it was my phone I glanced up the screen and noticed that I only had thirty minutes left. I quickly finished my food and left a twenty dollar bill on the table then I stood up and left.

***

"-and ofcourse that would be the reason why we are going to a topic as basic as this." Mrs. Jenning,  My chemistry teacher explained. "Now, I want you all to work on an experiment with the things you have on your desk. I want you all to create your own formula on this and do something basic like this." she said as she showed us a picture of a baking soda volcano. "Yes, I know went through this when you were in freshmen year but I wanted to start on the basics. And to make it more interesting, I want you all to look the person to your left. They will be you Partners for the whole school year. Okay? Class dismissed." I looked to my left and saw a guy that was very familiar to me. "You?" He said in a surprised tone. I looked at him with a confused expression on my face. "I saw you at that Burger place downtown earlier." Oh right! He was the guy who found my pen earlier. How could I have been so careless?

"Oh, you." was my response which kinda sounded weird.

"Nate" he smiled.

"Heather." I said as I stood up from my stool. I made my way out of the lab. I noticed someone by my side and I stopped to see Nate following me. " What?" I asked him.

"Can I have your number?" he asked. He had a genuine smile on his face which made him look kinda cute. Wait what?! I snapped out of myself and asked him why.

"For the project." he answered.

"Oh, ok." He gave me his phone and I hesitantly typed my number in it.

I smiled at him as I gave it back. I walked away and noticed that he was not following me anymore. I felt weird afterwards because that was the first time a guy asked for my phone number. I took a few more minutes to realize that the guy I was just talking to was Nathan Crow! He is the school athlete. He is in the football and basketball team. He is kind and charming too.. He is Mr. Perfect. I cannot believe he is my lab partner!

***

School went by okay. I guess? Nothing surprising happened the next period. I went home afterwards then made myself dinner. Mom was not home yet she doesn't come home til' 11:30 p.m... After eating dinner I went to my room and played with my pet dog, Yumi. She is a golden retriever. I loved her so much, I had her since I was 15. After taking her for a walk to the park, I went home around 8 o'clock. I fell into a deep sleep afterwards.

Hai!! LOL! I'm super sorry about this chapter. I know, it was kinda boring but I promise that the next  chapter wont be too much borin'

pleease vote/comment/follow!

~Cameia :)