( xxvii. ) feels like years

I waited anxiously for the brown-eyed boy to arrive. My entire body was shaking with anticipation, wanting nothing more than to be wrapped in his arms.

After four long minutes, there was a knock on the door. I won't lie and say that I didn't shoot out of my seat and sprint to the door, knocking over three books on the way.

"Hi, I'm Finn nice to mee—" he starts before cutting himself off. "Oh my god I feel stupid. I thought that your dad would answer the door or something, wow that's embarrassing."

"Well hello to you too Finn," I laugh, shaking my head.

"Aria," He breathed out. I would've waited for him to say something else, but instead I wrapped my arms around his neck, clinging myself to him. He didn't seem to mind though, as he wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head into my neck.

"I can't believe it's only been a month since we started talking. It feels like years." I say as I carefully unwrap my arms from his tall frame.

"I know, it's insane." He laughs, following me inside.

"Did you get here alright?" I ask. I fill two glasses with iced water. "A lot of people find it difficult to get to my house."

"Nah, it was fine. Jaeden's Mom had to turn around three times, but other than that. . ." He shrugs and I laugh.

I hand him one glass of water and lead him to the living room. "So, I have things like Mario Kart, Zelda, Animal Crossing, and loads more games if you want to play any."

"Wyatt would love you," Finn widens his eyes, letting out a slight chuckle. "You'd be like — his favorite person ever."

"Yeah, my friends have told me I'm a girl version of him." I reply as I pull out two Wii controllers.

"Mario Kart is good by the way, since you asked." He nods. I hand him a controller and he grabs it carefully.

•••

Hours later, after I kicked his ass multiple times in Mario Kart and Just Dance — which he begged not to play — we were about to pass out.

"Aria," Finn whined from his spot at the end of my bed. "Why'd you make me so sleepy?"

"It's not my fault Frogface, you're just lame." I shrug, trying to ignore the fact I'm tired as well.

"What time is it?" He picks his head up as he looks down at me. "And why aren't you on this bed with me?"

"It's 1:30 am," I reply. "And I don't know, I thought you wouldn't want me there. You looked cozy."

"Pfft, I'm lonely all by myself. Join me," Finn smiled, as if my stomach wasn't already exploding with butterflies. If I was being completely honest, I didn't know what to do. There was a boy — on my bed, asking me to lay with him? Not to mention this is an extremely attractive boy that I'm beginning to like very much.

"Um, okay.." I mutter. I stand up from the comfortable bean bag in the corner of my room and slowly step towards my messily made bed, watching as Finn scoots a bit to the side.

He pats the spot next to him, even though basically my entire full-sized bed is empty. I slowly lay down next to him which leaves a small space between us.

He takes me by complete surprise when he closes that space and wraps an arm around me, causing my head to rest on his shoulder. It's then that I thank the dark lighting in the room, for my face has suddenly turned into a tomato. Thanks Finn.

RILEY SPEAKS!
sorry this is a short chapter,
the next one will be longer :)

thanks so much for 5k reads!
two days ago I had 3k, i can't
believe this is getting so many
reads so quickly! it means a lot x

how are you enjoying the story so
far? tell me in the comments, i'd
love to hear your feedback!

also, feel free to message me
anytime! i love talking about It,
Stranger Things, and many other
fandoms!