Chapter 07: This Isn't Goodbye

More than a month and a half has passed; a week still remains until Tsuna leaves to Italy. Tsuna and the gang continued on with their lives as they always have. Nobody has brought up the thing with Vongola since the day Tsuna told them he was gonna succeed the mafia group. But as each day passes, the tension begins to weigh down on everyone.

"Tsuna. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Yamamoto gripped Tsuna's shoulder to hold him back from leaving class.

Tsuna is surprised at first but nods his head. He then turns to the quiet Gokudera and tells him to go on ahead without him. Gokudera frowns while he looks at Tsuna, but his gaze becomes more fierce when it lands on Yamamoto. All Yamamoto can do is slightly smile.

"Yamamoto? Is everything okay?" Tsuna leans against the fence on the roof.

"Um Tsuna... I wanted to talk to you about Italy." Yamamoto forced a smile.

Tsuna remained calm as he stared at the view of their town. He then speaks, "Is it about going to Italy? Don't worry about it. I wasn't planning on taking you with me anyways."

Yamamoto turned his head to look at Tsuna's back.

"I really mean it. You have the junior baseball league coming up right? I heard awhile back you were chosen before that talk. I wanted to congratulate you, but I didn't hear about it after the talk. And you didn't mention it after it too, I probably put you in a bad situation right?" Tsuna slightly smiled as he turned to look at Yamamoto who had no smile on his face.

"I planned to cut all of you guys off from Vongola so you guys can carry on without being burdened of abandoning what you love. I understand how much you love baseball. And your friends... Yamamoto, I'll be cheering you on from Italy. I won't be able to come and congratulate you in person except for now, but I'll send you gifts if I have time."

One tear drop at a time, slowly came flowing from Yamamoto's eyes. Tsuna gave him a reassuring smile. More tears began to stream down Yamamoto's cheeks. Noticing his face his wet and his nose is becoming stiff, he wipes his tears away and makes a painful smile.

"Tsuna... Thank you so much!" Yamamoto grinned with some tears still escaping from his eyes.

Tsuna continued to smile as he stares at Yamamoto with a soft gaze.

---

Six days pass and it's the day before Tsuna leaves. Yamamoto is waiting at the roof while leaning against the fence. The same place he and Tsuna talked at a few days ago.

"Yamamoto? What happened to your face?" Tsuna opens the door and his eyes widen when he looks at his friend's bruised face.

"Oh nothing, Gokudera and I just got into a little argument about something." Yamamoto smiled while laughing.

Tsuna remains quiet. He now understands what happened.

"So you're leaving tomorrow right?" Yamamoto changes the subject.

"Huh? Oh yeah," Tsuna replies.

"I heard Gokudera, Lambo, and Chrome is gonna go. Even Sasagawa-san who'll be leaving from time to time for his boxing gigs." Yamamoto says with a sad smile.

"Yeah. Haha. No matter what I say they just won't give up." Tsuna shakes his head with a smile.

Yamamoto laughs, "So I heard."

The two look at the view of the town.

"Hey, isn't this the place where you tried to jump off the roof?" Tsuna suddenly realizes.

Yamamoto smiles, "So you finally remember."

"Yeah... Is that why you wanted to always meet up here?" Tsuna laughs.