"I see them." Pretending that's my focus and not how the warmth of his skin is soaking into the layering of me. The heat soaking into the hollows of bone so my marrow begs hotly for more. 

 His cheek brushes mine, a kiss placed just to the side of my hairline behind my ear. "I'm sleeping with you tonight." His eyes glance at mine, shamelessly darkening. A tumble of sound from the Wild housed within him, which indeed carries the edge of sinfulness in its toned vibrations. Throughout the journey here, Odin has slept very little having to run the parameter of the sleeping camp along with his brother Ryeson, Luki and Bryon. All males taking shifts to secure the outer circle so no threats can come inside the inner circle.

Sleeping beside Elska when the camp drops in their spots long enough to eat then tumble into dreams. She will wake at times with her ear angled upwards, the first time she did it I was startled enough not to be able to fall back asleep. She will call out to her brother directions of a sound she hears that I have no hope of hearing. All males would run into that direction before a fight of teeth and claw would sound out. No one moved from their spots, so secure in the fact that the leading wolves would dismantle any threat. 

I've caught him before most of the pack wakes, drawing in Our Book against the bark of a tree. His eyes constantly scanning treelines before he continues to draw. I've snuck a glance at some of the pages, all filled with me, on various stages of the trip. Crossing the river, picking a new plant I never saw before. The name and plant sketched along with its medicinal properties it holds. He's drawing my smile as I am watching something, that he doesn't draw just my smile. 

"Those mountains feed a lake, it's just a few more hours of walking. Then we make camp for the summer." Odin peeks underneath the straps of my pack, where he put soft fur padding, looking relieved. He told me he didn't want my skin to rub raw from the weight of the straps.

The descent down the ridge is long, Odin and his sister climb down together while Ryeson helps Warson, catching him a few times from tumbling down the steep slope. I love to watch Odin with his sister or nephew. I love watching him leading his pack who have an unwavering trust in his abilities as Alpha. Odin looks up at me, ancient forest greens hold mine, he has a blush saturating into his cheeks as if he's sunburned. He smiles to me, and I have to smile back at him. He's getting easier to smile at. 

The travel here has me seeing Odin in such a different light. The care he had towards his sister, the pup on his rucksack sleeping contently in trust that he won't be dropped by accident. The way he made his wants turned into reality while the wolves follow his directions without question. I also noticed Alpha Borson had a pride in his eyes for his firstborn. He never once contradicted any of Odin's decisions. He let his male be in complete control. Luna Bessa actually held his hand for the briefest of minutes before she pulled away from him. 

When we reach the edge of the lake, grey geese in the hundreds take to air honking at the disturbance. Members of the pack dropping their packs. Poles going up, thick animal hides stretching across the frame so there is a hole in the middle, smoke to exhale out. 

The mood holds a joyous excitement, relief settling into all that made the long journey. 

"Charlie," my name's spoken from behind, his hand on my hip. He's just stepped into my radius. 

A breath out by the both of us.

His thumb pressing into the soft curve of my flesh, just underneath my shirt.

"Odin," Giving him the same sound he just breathed out against my neck.

A pause from him, while his pulse rises. I can sense it bounding in his system. When I look at his neck vein, it's dilated with fresh blood that's surging through his body. It's as if he forgot what he wanted to ask me.