Why us? -Final Exams-

We walked into the school on the first day of Senior exams. Nobody thought I was at my breaking point. Nobody knew. It was a miracle I was alive. It was a miracle I was not mentally retarded. It was a miracle as an empath that I was still sane. Most empaths that gain their abilities strength go crazy around ten years old. I had mine since I was born. I had emotional breakdowns and that was how I stayed sane. I learned the best way to deal with myself. I learned to love myself. I let my abilities wander. They were stronger than I had ever imagined.

I sat on my bed, just staring at the closet. Nothing ever happened to me anyway. That night I was snuggled nice and comfy in my bed, under my fluffy blanket (Don't judge me!) and I heard the footsteps. It was nothing new. I learned that they were there to help us, not to hurt.

"Myra."

"I'm trying to sleep."

"Myra."

They came back. Those people I used to talk to when I was a kid. They whispered my name at night while I couldn't sleep. Oh, did I mention that? I'm an insomniac. I never get a full night's sleep. I was crazy and usually had anime in my head all night. I loved vocaloid. I had every reason to be called a freak, yet no one said that word anymore. Note: every girl needs a great guy friend to support her decisions. I was lucky. I had one. I loved him. Like a friend. If I wished I could tell him one thing, it would be that I honestly needed him. If he decided I was too weird or boring and left... I'd lose it. I had been daring and let my barrier on my abilities drop. If something happened then I may just lose all grip on my sanity. I couldn't let it slip. I'd die then. I'd lose myself, everything I love, and my abilities would eat me alive. I make no sense at all to anyone who hasn't lost their sanity for fleeting moments. I was nothing without my friends. I realized that now.