Chapter 2: Home?

"Aria? Are you still asleep?" Nathan asked.

"Not since you started playing your aux. Thanks for that" I replied sarcastically.

"Good you're up, now can you drive? I'm falling asleep."

"You'll be fine" I assured him.

"Oh so I can play the music louder? Okay" he said as he turned up the volume.

"NO! I'm tired of your yesteryear music! I'll drive." I said while we pulled over.

Me and Nathan switched places  and I turned down the volume. Now it was my turn to listen to what I wanted. I put in one of my favorite albums and left it to play on repeat. Music is also a good distraction for me. I began driving as the first song started playing. As I glanced in the rear-view mirror, I saw that Nathan had already fallen asleep. I felt bad for him. He has exams in a week and has to Transfer to our new school while tending to me. I pull up at a red light. Then I relized that we're only two streets away from the house.

"Nathan, wake up we're here." I told him.

"What time is it?" He asked me.

"It's 3:48. Don't we had school later?"

"Oh God yes!" He said frantically. "We need to get inside and get ready!"

He found the keys and unlocked the door. The house wasn't fully furnished but had enough for us to get through the week. As Nathan took out the suitcases one by one, I went to the shower. He brought my suitcases up to my new bedroom and then left to get dressed. I came out of the shower and picked out an outfit. It's my first day which means first impressions. I pulled out a grey long sleeve, ripped jeans and some black suede boots. I grabbed a silver and black choker and my leather back pack and I was off.

"Hey where's the paper with my classes and schedule?" I asked Nathan as I ran down the stairs.

"It's on the counter with the keys. I'll meet you in the car in two minutes." He replied.

I started the car and got in. Nathan followed soon after. We were off again.

"Luckily this new school isn't far from the new house." I told him.

"Shouldn't we say home instead of new house?" He asked.

"I guess so but not until I settled." I replied. "We're here!"

We got out of the car and went in separate directions. I glanced down at the paper in my hand to look for where my class was. As I was doing so, I bumped into someone.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes I'm fine. No sweat. Are you new? I've never seen you around before." She asked me.

"Yeah I am. More ovious than I thought. I'm Aria." I told her while she helped me pick up my backpack.

"I'm Ara! Nice to meet you!" She said with a smile on her face. "What class are you in?"

"Room 115 I think? Yes! Do you know where that is?" I asked.

"Yes! We're in the same class. I'll take you there." She said.

Oh yey! I've made a friend. Good for me. So far sorry good.

We began walking up the stairs passing the cafe. I'm sure to remember where class is now. There were so many people who crowded the hallway. Ara knew her way around and was slightly ahead of me as I tried to push my self through the crowd. I'm generally short, therefore it's hard for people to notice me in crowds.

Just my luck, I ran into another person. This time, a guy.

Just great Aria. Well done.

"I-I'm so sorry." I apologize to the boy, not making any eye contact as I avoided looking at him.

"No need. I wasn't looking at where I was going." He took out his headphones and kneeled with me on the floor as he helped gather my scattered books.

"Um. Thank you." I abruptly said as he handed me the last of my books before I ran of to meet Ara.

I didn't just do that. I bumped into another person! Way to go for first impressions Aria.

"Here we are." Ara said as she pushed open the door. "There are lots of nice people in this class. Some not so nice but let's focus on the positive side. There's Haven!"

"Hey Ara, who is this?" She questioned her.

"Haven this is Aria. Aria this is Haven." She told both of us.

"Hey! Nice to meet you." Haven said to me.

"Hey, I really like your hair. It's so long." I said. It was the first thing I noticed about her. She could be a real life Rupunzel.

"Ah..Thanks, would you like to sit next to me and Ara?" She asked.

"Sure." I said as she walked me to her seat.

Yey! Friend #2.

I put my backpack next to their's. At the same time the bell rang. We all sat down with me in the middle of both of them. We had Biology, English then History. Finally the bell went for lunch. Not long after I soon relized that I didn't pack any lunch since we didn't get a chance to make anything earlier before I left.

Just in time Haven asked,"Do you guys want to go to the cafe?"

"Yeah, let's go. I didn't pack any lunch today." I replied.

We all walked down and Haven saved us seats while me and Ara bought lunch. We sat down and began to eat.

"Haven don't you have lunch?" I asked concerned.

"This is a normal thing. Don't worry she doesn't like eating in font of people. She'll eat when she gets home" Ara explained to me.

"Yes don't worry about me. I have snacks." She said while laughing at the same time.

We all sat and talked for a while until the bell rang for the last two classes. We really got to learn a lot about each other.

"What do we have next?" I asked them.

"Art." They both said in sync with each other.

"Art takes up two classes. This will be fun." Ara said to me.

Our first class was painting with watercolors. I began painting a yellow rose since yellow was my favorite colour and this class was mainly just for fun. I turned to the side and saw that both Haven and Ara were also painting roses. Haven painted a blue rose while Ara painted a purple one.

"Well looks like we all have one thing in common so far." I said to them as they soon relized what we all did.

"They look so pretty." Ara said.

"They sure do." Haven replied.

The bell rang and we all walked downstairs. I meet up with Nathan as we were walking.

"Guys this is my older brother Nathan. Nathan, this is Haven and Ara." I said.

They exchanged hellos and Nathan took me to the car.

"You made friends already? Wow." He said.

"Yeah. What about you?" I asked him.

"I have four exams next week. I don't have time for friends just yet." He replied as we got into the car. "I have to start studying the new work now so I'll be in my bedroom if you need anything." He said as we pulled up to the house.

He unlocked the front door and  got straight to his work. I went to get ready for bed and cooked some dinner. By cooked I mean I microwaved a frozen pizza. I left some for Nathan on his nightstand before going.

"Don't stay up all night. You need sleep." I told him.

"What is sleep again?" He said in as a joke.

I rolled my eyes, "Goodnight."

I went to my room and got into bed as I recalled the day in my head. I soon fell asleep, but thinking of someone who shouldn't be in my head. What was his name again?