The Plan

Sam and Steve helped Nat of the grey van and I got off behind them. We were what seemed like behind a dam. We followed Maria as she lead us into a cave like entrance.

Walking down the barley lit hallway I heard a man run up behind us. I quickly pointed my sniper at him.

"Woah" he said coming to a halt. "He's with us" I heard Hills voice, I put the gun down apologizing.

"GSW, she's lost at least a pint" hill told the man. "Maybe two" I corrected.

"Let me take her" the man said "she'll want to see him first" Maria said as we turned a corner.

In front of us was what seemed like a room made out of that plasticity stuff. Opening one side we saw Nick laying in a bed.

My mouth did an O as I stared at him. "About damn time" he stated calmly. I let out a breath of relief.

"You look awful" I stated relieved.

"Perforated liver, shattered collarbone, lacerated spinal column, and one hell of a headache" he explained.

"Don't forget the collapsed lung" the doctor informed. "Oh no, let's not forget that" Nick stated sarcastically.

Looking over to Natasha she had the doctor working on her shoulder. "they cut you open, your heart stopped" Natasha exclaimed.

"Diderot dioxin B, it'll slow your heart, a beat per minute" he said sitting up.
"Banner created it for stress, didn't work so great for him, so we found a use for it".

"Why all the secrecy" Steve asked. "Why not just tell us" he said lightly aggravated.

"Taking the directors life had to look successful" Maria said. "Makes sense" I added.

"Can't kill you, if you'r already dead" Nick said. "Plus, I didn't know who to trust" he stated.

"Ma'm" I heard the man I almost shot earlier. I turned around, this was the first time I've been called 'ma'm'.

"You might need stitches on your cheek" he told me. I made a disgusted face. I hate stitches.

"You sure" I asked him, he inspected my cheek further. "Maybe" he said uncertain. He quickly got some cream and spread it on my cheek, he then placed gauze and taped it down.

"That'll do for now" he said putting the stuff back in his pockets. Nick was getting up from his bed.

"I can heel some of-" I was cut off by two simultaneous No's coming from Natasha and Steve. I put my hands up in surrender.

He walked with us down another hallway. "what's the point of being able to heel someone, but not allowed" I whispered to myself.

"You can what" the doctor said coming out of no where. "Uh what" I said pretending I didn't say anything.

"What did you say" he asked me. "I didn't say anything" I said confused. He just nodded and walked away. Phew.

We entered another room and there was a table with four chairs. Nick took one chair, Nat and I took another, Maria took the last while Steve and Sam stood.

There was at least five laptops on the table. "This man declined the noble peace prize" Fury said taking out a photo of Pierce. "He said, peace isn't an achievement, it was a responsibility".

He sat up straighter "see, stuff like this, is why I have trust issues" he said angrily.

"We have to stop the launch" Natasha said. "I don't think the counsels accepting my call anymore" Nick said as he opened a brief case.