Chapter One

As I sat in my room, looking around, the room I had slept in for 16 years. This was now going to be my old room in my old house, in my old town. As I slowly took down the picture of my friends and me, I realised how real it had become. I was moving over-seas, my mum and dad worked for the same company. But their company had been re-located to London. I packed up my whole room, and put all of my belongings in the moving truck.

 "Jess!” I suddenly turned around, to find my best friend staring at me,

"Missy!” I answered with a squeal. Missy pulled a box out from behind her and handed it to me, we sat on the curb and looked through the box that had been filled with pictures and letters from all of my friends. The letters consisted of heartbreaking goodbyes and hilarious memories, Missy and I cried and laughed so much that we were both emotionally drained.

“Come with me I have a surprise for you”, Missy explained as she covered my eyes, and led me into her car.

“Missy, where are you taking me?”  I asked,

“If I tell you it won’t be surprise. So shut-up we will be there in a minute.”

She stopped the car and told me to take the blind-fold off, I looked out the window to see all of my school friends gathered around Moore Park, a big banner in-between to trees read “FAREWELL JESS!”

I had to go  home early because of my 21 hour flight in the morning. We slept on air mattresses, and woke-up at 3am to drive to Sydney airport. I slept and listened to One Direction for 9 hours straight, we had a stop-over in Hong Kong and then continued on our way to London.

  We finally landed in London, as soon and I got out of the airport I switched my phone on to find a text from Missy.

New Text:

Omg it just hit me, you now live in London. I’m going to miss you so much.

P.S Make sure you find One Direction and get a picture.xxx

    I got to the apartment and slept off the jet lag. I was now 11 hours behind Australia.

In the morning I got up and went through my suitcases, and put on an old pair of black jeans and a baggy knit jumper and walked out into the lounge room.

“Good Morning!” My parents chimed,

“Good Morning, Do you guys want some coffee?” I asked

“ Oh sure honey, I’m pretty sure there is a coffee shop just down the street.” Mum explained.

“Ok I’ll be back in 15 minutes,” I grabbed some money and out the door. I walked down the street looking around at all of the buildings, I crossed the road to Starbucks and waited for my coffee.  As I stepped out of the door I ran in to a boy my age. I swore under my breathe while wiping the hot coffee off my jumper. “I’m so sorry mate.”

“It’s ok love.” He answered,

I looked up at the boy and noticed his amazing green eyes and messy curly hair, I stared for a minute, thinking, and then it clicked he was Harry Styles. I acted cool and said “Are you Harry Styles?” trying to contain my fan girl emotions.

“Yeah, I am, you’re a fan?” he questioned, smiling at the ground.

The lyrics of What Makes you Beautiful flashed through my mind “The way you smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell, you don’t know- oh-oh you don’t know you’re beautiful.”

“Yeah I’m a fan.” I blushed. “My name is Jess.”

“Are you Australian? Just asking because I love Aussie accents.”