Chapter 2

Authors note: This is going to be confusing if you keep reading each chapter, because I'm editing each one, so before you go 'wtf is this 14 year old on?' keep in mind that I'm fixing it all up so it's more enjoyable to read, and if you like, feel free to share your ideas and if I think it will go well I'll put it in! Thanks :*

---

"I was in a bar when a striking young fair haired girl walked in. Her eyes were so beautiful, and her thick lashes were a winner, they drew me in. I knew I wanted to have a fun night with her." He cleared his throat before continuing. "She walked right over to me and smiled as she sat down, and looked at me shyly. I bought her a drink, and flirted with her-"  

"How long before you drank from her?" I asked, full of wonder. "Sorry for cutting in," I quickly apologised, sucking in a breath. Damon smiled at me kindly.  

"As soon as we left the bar I took her down the alley and bit into her throat. Her blood was sweet, very tasty might I add..." 

He looked out the window, a smirk forming on his lips. "I didn't even catch her name." He chuckled and looked at me. "Don't worry Elena, I didn't kill her, but it was a close call. I thought she was too beautiful to die, just like you." His eyes lit up in delight and my cheeks flamed as I looked down at my interlocked fingers. Why did he always have to say things like that? "Of course, you'd be much better company if you weren't human," he finished, removing his hand from my thigh. 

I heard footsteps heading towards the front door and I jumped up.  

"Elena don't-" 

I opened the door and hissed as the light shone on my exposed skin, making me uncomfortable. 

"Elena?" I opened my eyes as the light had disappeared, and Jeremy stood in front of me, wide eyed with disbelief. He looked like he had been crying. "Elena, you- you're not dead." He pulled me into a hug and he squeezed me tightly.  

"Sorry to interrupt this little family reunion, but Gilbert, I'd stay away from your sister right now," Damon said from the living room.  

Jeremy automatically stepped back and I felt the rush of adrenaline. Suddenly, all I could hear was Jeremy's heart pounding, quickening by the second. Was he scared of me? 

"Jeremy, it's alright, I won't-" Beneath my gums had started to ache, and I took a step backwards. 

"Elena?" my brother asked, lightly holding my shoulders to keep me in place. I could hear the pulse in his wrists. The jabbing pain in my gums was getting worse, and I growled. 

"Jeremy, get away. Now," I hissed.  

"Elena, I don't understand!" He reached for me again and I shoved him away. The sharp pain in my gums was at its worst now, and I narrowed my eyes as I felt my fangs grow. My nostrils flared, and I scrunched my face up. My blood boiled, with an emotion I couldn't register, my mind was starting to change...something was incredibly wrong with me. was this meant to happen to me? My head started to pound. I heard Damon rise from the couch, and I tried to back up the stairs, but it was challenging. The pain in my jaw was so horrific that I crumpled to the ground with a cry and squeezed my eyes shut. 

"Elena!" Jeremy's voice was alarmed, but I didn't care. I wanted to rip his throat out, and drink the sweet blood that would pour out of his veins, until he was dead. His heartbeat was echoing in my mind- thump...thump... 

"Elena, I know what you're thinking, and you'll regret it if you do it," Damon warned.  

"I won't," I hissed, gaining strength I didn't know I had, and I crouched before my brother, a feral instinct growing inside of me.