Part 2

After that fateful night I had gotten the pleasure to hang out with everyone practically every other weekend. But one Saturday we decided to head to Laguna Beach. I packed up my bag, said bon voyage to my parents for the day, and headed to the boy's apartment.

As the normal routine of punching in the gate code, finding a parking spot and heading to their exact lot, I waltzed through the unlocked door announcing my arrival to anyone that could hear. I walked up to the second floor to see everyone still getting ready. Either packing up towels or actually just waking up and getting into their beach attire. I saw it was only I, Paula, Woody, and Brandon L that was getting ready.

"Just us?"

Woody nodded.

"Everyone else had work or other plans."

I took my now familiar spot in the chair at the table and watched as Paula and Woody argued like a married couple, Brandon L. almost seamlessly packing while trying to look as cool as possible, and Brandon P. (the one I had major heart eyes for) was missing. I looked around to see if I had just missed him or something, but soon I heard someone coming down the stairs and there he was. Ugh this boy was so adorable, yet so yummy all at once. Once our gazes met, he gave me that million dollar smile and walked over pulling me into an embrace. We didn't have much time to chit chat, but we all grabbed our things and headed down stairs to the car.

As we made our way down to the beach the car rarely had a moment of silence. The music was blasting and we all were talking away, about anything and everything. It quite honestly made time fly by and before I knew it we were there at Laguna Beach. The place where I felt the most at home for living in California all my life. I don't know if it was the salty air or the fact that it just resonated amazing vibes, but it was one of the only things that would ever keep me living in California.

Except in no time, I was back to hating California life because there was no parking spots available near the main beach. Till Woody decided to head into the neighborhood, thankfully enough we found a not too far (and legal) place to keep the car. We all geared up and headed down to try and find some beach access. Brandon L. got on a longboard and rushed down along with Brandon P. I felt a little ping of jealousy because Paula and Woody held hands the entire time on the walk down. But once we reached a place to head down, Brandon P. picked up the board and then held out a hand to me. I smiled and mentally slapped myself for being so petty five minutes earlier. Once we found a good enough spot Brand P and L were off running towards the water. I shook my head as they disappeared under a wave. Paula, Woody and I made sure to lather up with the sunblock cause by golly we were pasty. Woody eventually joined the boys in the water while Paula and I laid out.

"Sooooo still like Brandon?"

I sighed with a content smile.

"Girl, thank you SO much for hooking it up. He's a great guy. Really sucks ass at texting back though."

She shrugged and the boys returned. Although, unfortunately, to mine and Paula's surprise Woody and Brandon laid their wet bodies on us. We both cried out in utter shock, but followed by laughter. Brandon eventually rolled off next to me and we all settled into comfortable positions. He cuddled close to me and held my hand as we laid there next to one another, he seperating us from everyone.

"This place is so cool."

"Yeah, I like Laguna A LOT more than the rest of California."

"It's a sick place to visit, but I know what you mean. It's always nice to go home to Arizona."

Suddenly I was hit by a theoretical wave of sadness. I knew eventually once Summer was over he'd leave back to Arizona.

Would he even consider dating you? This is more than likely just a Summer fling ya know? He just wants to get it in before Summer is over.