I-I just wanted to be with her, as sappy as that is. She was mine and we had time to make up for, futures to plan. There was so many things I wanted to do with her, to experience with her. 

I wanted to travel the world with her, and watch her face light up at all the new things she would experience. I wanted to be there with her for that, I wanted that normal boring life with her. 

Mostly, because I knew it would never be boring, not with her. 

I wanted to watch her trip down the aisle towards me, as her father died of embarrassment, and her mother tried to make us restart all over again, with Klaus, my best man, standing next to me whispering how I was marrying a total klutz. 

I wanted it all with her. 

The fuck ups the adventures, the mistakes, all of it. 

Our kids. 

I wanted to defy time and space with Katrina Justice as quickly as possible, yet I was stuck backpacking through a jungle with an ancient being with the attitude of a toddler. 

Katya came shuffling back before she sat and leaned against a tree directly in front of me.

She just stared. 

I glowered back at her. 

Silence surrounded us, maybe she'll just fall asleep and wont speak. 

"What makes your mind race?" she looked over at me. 

I never get what I want. 

"Thinking of all the different ways I can kill you" I gave her a mocking smile. 

Her lips twitched as she tilted her head at me, "true, but thats not what you think of now, is it? You are thinking of my granddaughter, Katrina, yes?" she smirked as I bared my teeth at her. 

"So?" I deadpanned. 

She chuckled, "you two don't belong together, you know that, yes?" 

"No, I don't know that".

"But you must, she isn't the type of girl you usually fall in love with, is she Blake? No, she's nothing like the women you would have seen yourself with. No, no, no, my child, she is very different" she chuckled as her eyes practically shined off her face as she stared back at me. 

I flashed my own at her, "watch yourself" I warned. 

"I can see her, you know, the woman you thought you marry. The exotic woman with long flowing black hair, those bright blue eyes on milky skin. She's aloof and mysterious, but theres a kindness in her soul that cannot be overlooked. A loveliness that cannot be challenged, you Blake, saw yourself with a good girl, a balance" she finished. 

I stared back at her unnerved, that is what I use to see when I thought I'd settle down and marry a woman. It was what I had been looking for. 

"Katrina balances me" I snapped at her. 

She shook her head slowly, "she doesn't though, does she? She makes you burn brighter, or she yanks you back, no balance" she sighed. "You two are not meant to be".

I couldn't help it, I laughed, "not meant to be? Katrina and I are end game, I will only love her and she can only love me" I smirked, "and if she tries to love someone else, I'll just kill them so that it slides back to only me" I shrugged. 

Katya's dark laugh made me uneasy, "I believed once as you did that my love was unending and everlasting, but my heart was crushed. I won't let that happen to Katrina". 

"Neither will I" I snapped back at her. 

She scoffed, "it won't work, boy. Destiny is too strong to beat and too evil to overcome. You have to let her go". 

Now it was my turn to scoff, "she and I will outlast it all, we are not weaker together. Trust me, old lady, she's mine" I hissed. 

A darkness passed over her face, "we shall see" she said before literally before my eyes, her eyes snapped shut and she didn't move. 

The hell is she doing?

Then her head snapped back violently. 

I tensed. 

She didn't move for a few seconds, before she opened her mouth and ... snored? 

I glared at her as she snored in her sleep. 

Who the fuck falls asleep that quickly? 

Whatever. 

But something about what she had said was making me .... wary. What the hell did she mean by 'we shall see'? See what? 

Ugh, I hate old people.