Chapter 13

Kaine and all his friends left. I was still crying, ugh. What is wrong with me? I'm not a wimpy person to be honest. All of the girls sat me down and spoke to me, consoled me and spoke fake words like: everything's going to be okay and he'll get over it.

No, everything's not going to be okay and he most likely, will NOT get over it. I'd messed up. I'd ruined Tanya's chance with Shay. I'd ruined Claire's chance with James. I'd ruined Angela's chance with Darren and I'd ruined Alexis's chance with Lewis. Most importantly, I'd ruined my chance with Kaine. They'd never speak to us again and it was all my fault. I felt horrible. Why did I not just accept Kaine's love for me? That actually would have been perfect. Everyone would be happy. But no, I had to have it my way.

Alexis leaned into me, very closely.

"He was never right for you, he's not the 'one'. You know that, he's a player. He thinks he's God's gift to women, he can think again. He's no, Fran Sanchez now is he?" I cracked half a smile at that comment. "He demanded to be loved just because he had loved. Well, we can't all get what we want can we? We can't have everything. He needed to realise that, and you helped him out before it was too late. He will get over it and so will you or my name isn't Alexis Maria Knowles!" I laughed. Alexis always cheers me up.

Each one of my friends told me how great I was standing up for myself and my emotions. I was pretty great, wasn't I? It didn't matter to me that I'd told Kaine how I felt, I wanted to be honest with him rather than have a loveless relationship with him. I'd managed to get over Kaine Holland. I wanted to be friends. I didn't want to be flirted with or played with. I wasn't a toy. He could have Elizabeth now, he could live his life. I could live mine.

I thought Kaine would straight up get in there with Elizabeth when we got back to school, he didn't. He looked hurt. I didn't want him to be. I'd broke his heart and guilt had engulfed me. He didn't stare at me anymore and he didn't flirt. None of the boys at the park that day spoke about what happened. That was strange. I didn't want us to be strangers. I wanted a friend in Kaine Holland.

"Jess!" Someone called me. It was Kaine. "I need to talk to you." He called me over. I was reluctant but I wanted to straighten things out with him so I went.

"I'm really sorry that I took so long. I wanted the moment to be perfect when I told you."

"The park Kaine? Really?" The park wasn't the most romantic of places.

"No, not the park. I told you after the concert but I guess you didn't believe me." It was true, he had told me that night.

"Oh, I guess that was pretty special."

"Exactly, I don't get why you reacted in that way though, Jess!"

"I reacted like that because I was hurt, Kaine. Waiting is agonising. I didn't think the reward of waiting would hurt just as much."

"Why did it hurt so much, Jess?" He asked.

"Love always hurts, silly! I loved you to find out 3 years later you loved me back. Wouldn't that be a massive pain in the arse?" He laughed.

"My mum always calls me Kaine the pain!" I laughed. "Can we try again soon Jess?" He asked. I nodded.

I was willing to give Kaine another go, another chance but I wasn't ready to fall back in love with Kaine Holland, just yet.

"I'll speak to you as soon as I'm back in love with you, Kaine Holland. Do me the honour of waiting for me."