Chapter 6

I text Alexis as well, she burst with joy! She was hoping everything would go extremely well, I was too. My brother walked into my room as I got back to doing my hair.

"Am I still taking you to your gay gig tonight?" He asked me.

"Nah, it's fine, Julie's taking me." I answered.

"Julie...?" He looked confused.

"Julie Holland, Kaine's mum."

"Oh, okay. You getting a lift back?"

"I think so, I'll text you if I'm not."

He said "Alright!" and left.

I looked so calm and collected on the surface but inside I was ecstatic. I had to get my hair perfect if I was going to be with Kaine.

The thing about Kaine Holland is that, he always looks so great. For example, his dress sense is immense. You have to outdress yourself to compare to his standard. I thought my clothes were pretty good, to be honest. I would probably wear a bit more makeup today though.

By 3 o'clock I was completely ready, bar my makeup which I would probably do closer to the time of the event. Nicole had come to my house so I could do her hair. As well as read through mine and Kaine's texts from earlier.

I stood behind Nicole, while she sat in front of me with my phone in her hand. I felt like a hairdresser, carefully handling each strand of hair and wrapping it around the wand of the curler gently. We don't want any accidents so close to the show, now do we?

"Omg!" Nicole exclaimed. "Look beautiful as ever!" She appeared to have read that last text from Kaine now she was teasing me about it. I didn't take it too seriously. I mean, Kaine himself always messed about with me like that.

By the time I'd finished taming Nicole's wild, flowing brown hair, it was half past 4. Only so long until I saw Kaine now! Nicole was dressed in a short white skater skirt and a dark blue crop top. She had a white cardigan over it, matching her skirt and black boots which kind of matched her crop top. She looked great.

We ate something before doing our makeup, now it was my turn to be assisted with dressing up. Nicole did her own makeup first. She put some moisturiser on her face as primer then applied liquid foundation lightly onto her whole face. She then took a mousse from inside her make up bag and carefully dabbed it onto her face with a small, round powder puff. She then put powder foundation over it all as to give her face a matte finish. I watched her as she did this, she was so good at applying make up. I didn't put much on to be as professional as Nicole.

She didn't notice how closely I was watching her, she carried on putting more cosmetics on as though it was in her own room. Nicole then put some light brown, almost gold bronzer on to define her cheekbones. She looked beautiful. She suddenly broke out of her makeup-applying trance and startled me by saying: "Jess I want you to put eyeliner on for me, you're better than me!"

I doubt that. I did it for her, hoping she liked it because I wasn't that great at putting makeup on other people. She did, thankfully. After I'd done that, Nicole went through the same ritual as before except she put the makeup on me. I was really impressed. I looked a lot different. I did my own eye makeup and it actually went perfect first time round. It usually took me about 100 tries.

It was quarter to 6 when we had finished making ourselves more beautiful, as my mother liked to say. I charged my phone and camera so they wouldn't run out of power while I was trying to film the concert. We went out to meet Alexis at the park with another one of our friends, Abigail. They wanted to see our outfits for the concert and how we looked. Their jaws dropped. According to Alexis we are "two fine looking ladies!" and Abigail said: "Wow! Kaine's gonna be all over that!" We all laughed. I doubt Kaine would be all over anything.