Chapter 7

I was at the park until half past 6 with Abigail, Alexis and Nicole. We then went back to my house and Nic and I touched up our mascara and applied some lipstick for that extra boost to finish. I pouted into my mirror and Alexis insisted we take selfies. Oh Alexis with her selfies! She even ordered me to bring back tons of selfies with the band and Kaine. I might, then again, I might not.

After that selfie session was over, it was time to leave for the bus stop to get our lift. I'd took a little bag to carry my purse, phone and makeup bag in and Abigail forced me to try and take her with us in my bag. It didn't quite work out. I sprayed a dash of Secrets Perfume so I'd smell nice during the gig. It smelled absolutely gorgeous. It was my favourite perfume. I remember one time I was wearing it at school and Kaine walked past me and said: "Someone smells pretty lush today." I promise that's not the reason I wore it tonight.

Alexis and Abigail walked us to the bus stop. We were about 10 minutes early and that's the earliest I've been for anything which says a lot.

I repeatedly glanced at my phone to check the time incase Kaine was late or had stood me up.

"Don't look so worried Jess, relax! Have fun tonight with r'nic, yeah?" Alexis giving me some words of advice. Thankyou captain obvious, I thought. Of course I was going to have a good time, it was Conundrum for crying out loud! It was now 18:59 and I was beginning to get really anxious, then I remembered that I'm never early to things, maybe Kaine was just going to be fashionably late. Just then, a silver Audi rolled onto the parking space near the bus stop. It was Kaine's mum's car! My heart jumped with joy. I was ready for this! Nicole and the girls looked so pumped and overjoyed. Kaine got out of the car with Lewis. I was sure, Kaine told me Darren was coming.

"Hey girls! Looking good aren't we?" Kaine spoke. We giggled.

"I'm surprised we made it here on time considering Darren decided to tell me he doesn't want his ticket anymore, so I thought I'd take Lewis!"

I laughed and hugged him and Lewis. I could feel Alexis burning with jealousy behind me. She had a massive crush on Lewis. Alexis had done a lot for me, I thought maybe I should return the favour.

"Kaine, you look really nice! You too Lewis!" I spoke, Nicole nodded in agreement. They really did look great. Kaine was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a white polo with a grey hoodie. He was wearing grey converse to match his hoodie. Lewis wore dark maroon chinos with a black polo and dark blue body-warmer. He had white and red Nike Blazers on.

"Alexis, don't they look great?" I invited her into the conversation, Abigail noticed I'd done it on purpose so she lightly shoved Alexis into Lewis's direction. She nearly fell into him but regained her balance just in time to say: "Lewis you look really pretty!" She spoke so fast, she was really nervous around Lewis. Wait, had she just called him pretty? Dear Lord, this girl.

I think Lewis heard her call him pretty and started laughing, he nudged her on the side of her face and said: "You too!" Alexis was actually as red as the Nike tick on Lewis's shoes. Kaine saw that and smirked. Ah, that smirk. "Never knew Alexis had a thing for Lewis!" Winked at her and took my hand to guide me to the car. I looked down at my hand entwined in his. Was this even for real? This moment should probably never end.

"Bye girls!" Nic and I shouted to Abigail and Alexis they shouted back: "Have a good time, lovelies!" Kaine's mum got out of the car to put mine and Nicole's bags into the boot. She waved at Alexis and Abigail and started the car as she got back in. "Next stop, Manchester Arena!" Julie always said the cutest things. It embarrassed Kaine. He laughed and blushed, his mum noticed and said: "Kai, why are you going as red as a tomato, eh?"

"Mum, stop!" We all laughed as he shrunk back into his seat.

Kaine still had my hand in his. He hadn't let go since he first linked his fingers with mine earlier. I could feel my palms getting clammy from the heat and that was far from attractive. As much as I didn't want to let go, I didn't much appreciate having sweaty hands. I took my hand from beneath his and pretended I needed to fix my hair. He turned to me and smiled. "Jess, you didn't have to let go, I would have fixed your hair for you." I smiled down at the car floor. He was a hopeless romantic. Nicole looked at me with wide eyes. She wasn't expecting that. Lewis gave Kaine a creepy smile, one he'd probably give him if he was flirting with his girlfriend. Wow, this was surreal.

Nicole was persistent throughout the journey that she needed a selfie with all of us, including Julie. Kaine, was a bit reluctant on that subject but finally agreed as Lewis described it as being 'a right laugh'.

Once we were finally at the arena, we took about 100 pictures. Julie's poses were petty hilarious. Even Kaine had to admit that. Kaine took out his iPhone from his pocket and opened snapchat. He pulled me closer to him by the waist and told me to get in this picture with him. I posed, with my favourite picture face. Alexis always told me I looked stunning making that face. Did I not usually? That was our joke. After he'd took the picture, which had the building of the arena in the background, he typed: 'seeing conundrum with my boo'. I was his boo. How cute.