Chapter 2: Encounter

The halls were filled with groups of different types; from royalties down to plain fairies. The hustle-and-bustle of every individual crammed the place. Well, it's already spring and of course, the opening of another school year at Hirngespinte Academy. Moments passed by and everyone was gathered at the Academy's gymnasium for the opening ceremony. Halfway through the ceremony, Prince Evander noticed that Princess Kaden was nowhere to be seen. He panicked.

"Have you seen the princess?" He asked the people beside him. But they just shrugged and answered with a no. He then started looking for her.

On the other hand, Princess Kaden was wondering through the corridors of the academy. Frankly, she has poor sense of direction which explains her current state. As she was about to turn left, she bumped into someone who looked like in a hurry. Because of the impact, both of them fell on the floor.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" The lady whose face was covered with a hood said. She slowly stood up and then extended her hand to her.

"It's okay." Princess Kaden assured her. As she was about to accept the lady's hand, she heard someone calling her name from behind. It was the Prince. And as if on cue, the lady muttered something and vanished into thin air.

Days passed by and the prince was still bothered by their encounter with the lady who wore a black cloak, who apparently was Calyx. Some said that the lady was known to be a witch. Because of that, he became suspicious of her and thought of the Princess' safety. From then on, he made sure that the princess was always by his side. Likewise, the princess felt secured because of what the prince did.

After class, she told him that she wanted to go get some fresh air. He nodded and made their way to the academy's garden. She felt the butterflies in her tummy and a sudden electricity creep through her skin when the he held her hand.

Ender, a kriejger, was on his way to their dormitory when he saw the two royalties. He just sighed and started walking again until his eyes saw a lady who wore a black cloak not far from where he was. She was sitting under the shade of a big tree. He couldn't figure if she was reading or what because her face was covered with the hood of her cloak. He couldn't see her face, but she was holding an open book so, maybe she was reading. After a moment, he just found himself in front of the lady. It was as if his feet had gotten a mind of its own.

"Umm. Hi?" He said hesitantly. Apparently, Calyx didn't notice him because she was too hooked up with what she was reading.

He then leveled himself with Calyx and poked her. With a confused look, although he couldn't see it because her face was still covered with her cloak's hood, she met the young lad's smiling gaze.

She was taken aback.

"Ekhi zuh van iesh," she quickly chanted. And in an instant, she was gone. Ender was shocked of her sudden disappearance. He didn't know why but he hoped to see her again. And when that time comes, he'll make sure to know her name.

Calyx sighed as she sat on the grass. She found herself in the Havani Forest. She was too shocked with the guy in front of her that she chanted a spell out of instinct.

"I think I need to stop drinking too much coffee," she says as she lets out a deep sigh.